The true (in a sense) cost of military spending and what else it could have bought

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Dec 10, 2011.

1. You should join Al Sharpton as an arbiter of all that's fair, true and just. NOT.

P.S. Base? We always used post. Nor would I call Benning the most elite but Iron Mike is awesome.

#41     Dec 13, 2011
  2. I used that for your benefit, as I had doubts one way or the other.

Again Marine, I have no quarrel with you.

#42     Dec 13, 2011
  3. For the second time, the First Cavalry Division is Army.

#43     Dec 13, 2011
  4. You're not consistent.
    Two nuclear powers have never exchanged warheads, therefore, two nuclear powers will never exchange warheads.
    No one has ever flown an aircraft into a building, but you wouldn't dismiss the possibility it will occur?
    I celebrated my 18th birthday in boot camp, and I was 18 in 1982. My senior drill instructor was SSgt Caballero. So, either your source is inadequate or you're a dumb SOB. Oh wait, I already called you that because you don't see Iran as a threat. [​IMG]

#44     Dec 13, 2011
  5. Cross-reference your source with this guy.
    Frank "Lee" Evans
    Platoon 3075
    USMCRD San Diego November 1982
    Senior Drill Instructor Gunnery Sgt. Caballero

I believe the month I graduated was August. So, that would fit. Caballero must have gotten promoted after I graduated.

#45     Dec 13, 2011
  6. Like I said, our government planned to fly planes into buildings in order to justify a war against Cuba. It was called Operation north woods. Therefore, your example would not have seemed far fetched, even if 9/11 hadn't happened yet. Having said that, again, nuclear strikes are a far cry from conventional attacks (or non nuclear attacks). They do not carry the same set of repercussions. Therefore, your equivalence is false.

At this point, I'll need a bit more than your word.

#46     Dec 13, 2011
  7. You "believe" the month you graduated was August? Do you truly not remember? The month might fit (assuming you are remembering correctly) but the year sure doesn't. I find that very odd indeed.

You referred to your platoon as the class of 1982 but I don't know any Marine who would refer to his platoon in that fashion. The reason is there's more than one platoon graduating every year, so it would be a bit silly to do so. What made you refer to your platoon as though it was the only platoon that graduated in 1982?

Finally, you link to a fb page that has 734 entries and say cross reference with Frank Evans. How would I be able to do that unless I knew your name and could verify it? Is this guy Frank going to vouch for you?

Also, the chances of MCRD SD using the same platoon number twice within two years is approximately nil. Something does not add up.

Let's try some follow up questions:

1. What was your MOS
    2. What unit did you go to after boot camp?
    3. Who were your other DI's...or are you unable to remember?

For reference, here is a pic of Platoon 3048, who graduated in August of 1980, not August of 1982...you can see this on the picture btw.

http://www.yellowfootprints.com/yearbook/showphoto.php?photo=12282

You aren't in this picture...are you? Is the date on this picture wrong?

#47     Dec 13, 2011
  8. You still looking to be intellectually dishonest?

#48     Dec 13, 2011
  9. That's pretty funny coming from you, who insisted on proof that al-Awlaki's an enemy combatant yet made up a lie about me based on nothing. :p

#49     Dec 13, 2011
  10. Oh dear I see you are confused again...I never asked for proof Awlaki was an enemy combatant..that's a label applied by Obama. I asked for proof he was waging war against the United States and that his actions were worthy of a death sentence. No evidence has been presented to any court to that effect. Does it exist? Maybe, I don't know. We've simply gone on the word of the Executive. That, by the way, is a complete subversion of the rule of law and the document you say you swore to support and defend against all enemies foreign and domestic.

For the final time, I care nothing for Awlaki....but this precedent, if allowed to stand, will eventually be turned against protesters or those critical of the government. Is that really the kind of country you want to live in? Not me.

#50     Dec 13, 2011