The true (in a sense) cost of military spending and what else it could have bought

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Dec 10, 2011.

1. What battalion were you in at MCRD?

#31     Dec 13, 2011
  2. Israel, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Europe, etc, see Iran as a threat. Russia & China will deal with US.
    We keep going in circles here. Because no nation has attacked the World Trade Center with aircraft, you wouldn't have believed 9/11 warnings. If one nation fires a nuke at another, you can bet that other nation will fire back. With Muslims, they know they will be with 72 virgins.
    This nation is in trouble, you're flirting with the left with this anti-military propaganda. If you vote 3rd party and Obama gets re-elected, you may as well be a leftist because you're as self-centered as they are. You have to do what's best for the nation. That means making sure Obama doesn't get re-elected.

I was a Hollywood Marine, platoon 3048, class of '82.

#32     Dec 13, 2011
  3. Both nations destroyed? Nonsense. There are only two triad nuclear powers but that aside, mutually assured destruction absolutely does NOT apply to any two nations with nuclear weapons.

#33     Dec 13, 2011
  4. Very good. No Civil Affairs experience?

#34     Dec 13, 2011
  5. Your opinions are noted.

Are you trying to tell me what I would have believed? Hell our own government proposed flying planes into buildings (see Operation Northwoods) in order to start a war with Cuba so it's not like it would have been a completely foreign idea. You've heard of Operation Northwoods, haven't you?

#35     Dec 13, 2011
  6. We liaised :)

#36     Dec 13, 2011
  7. Ah, that would explain it. Nice work there DAS:)

#37     Dec 13, 2011
  8. Yep, and I even gave fair warning. If you are pretending, you will be found out. Everyone in the military has a way of finding this stuff out!

Ooooorahhhh!

#38     Dec 13, 2011
  9. You two looking for someone else to make false accusations against?

#39     Dec 13, 2011
  10. I for one am just giving you fair opportunity. Again I will provide data that military personnel can verify.

Year: 1999
    Company: Echo
    Designation: 3rd Infantry
    Battalion: 57th
    Platoon: 4th--Marauders
    Motto: Follow Me!

Base: Well you already know the base. It is the most elite in the USA.

#40     Dec 13, 2011