the trend is up, market has bottomed.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lundy, Jun 21, 2002.

1. PHISEL

PHISEL

Lundy ,
    you say :" I only know that my formula says this week is the bottom "
    can you develop ?

#21     Jun 21, 2002
  2. Bono

Bono

Newatthis,

E*X*C*E*L*L*E*N*T post !

#22     Jun 21, 2002
  3. lundy

lundy

there will be no liquidity today, i don't think. they have to expire the calls down here.

develop what?

no one is looking for a bottom here, and thats why it's the bottom. almost everyone i've talked to over the last few days is very skeptical about it. I'm going home over the weekend long and holding for weeks.

How can you say risk reward is terrible?

Buying on lows isn't risky, SHORTING ON LOWS IS RISKY. Follow the big money, they sell into rallies and buy into selloffs.

Only Mr. Market will seperate the wheat from the chaff, and he'll do it on his own time.

#23     Jun 21, 2002
  4. Rigel

Rigel

I'm long over the weekend. Not confident, just long. Time will tell.

#24     Jun 21, 2002
  5. Would you rather short a new high or a new low?

The trend is down. In a down trend, i sell rallies and buy back on the weakness. In an up trend I buy weakness and sell into the strength.

This is a down trend.

If you wish to rationalize what will happen, go for it. I only look at what IS happening.

#25     Jun 21, 2002
  6. PHISEL

PHISEL

so, my question was :
    what are the argument, the reasons , in favour of a next up-trend for you.
    because what i see is a down trend, a big down trend, and nothing else.

#26     Jun 21, 2002
  7. and how did you come to this conclusion?

#27     Jun 21, 2002
  8. lundy

lundy

I expect 1041 on nq0u2 to be the bottom of today. Today being the bottom of a multiweek sell off.

#28     Jun 21, 2002
  9. Fundamentally, all trading is trend following, so why bother predicting the market. Investing is dead.

#29     Jun 21, 2002
  10. Bono

Bono

Lundy,

Trading has nothing to do with tops and bottoms ... they only serve to identify a trend and trade in its direction ... u buy when u get a buy signal ... u sell when u get a sell signal ... and the tools used to get those signal vary from trader to trader ...

I think several people in this thread have been asking u what your tools are in pre-assuming a bottom in place ?

P.S. As I write those lines indices are hitting new lows ... enjoy your longs guys ...

#30     Jun 21, 2002