the trend is up, market has bottomed.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lundy, Jun 21, 2002.

1. lundy

lundy

when the trend will change? There are many indications of a change in trend... notice first that we took out lows of September, then we made a new weekly high on the NDX? then we took out lows again.

That means double bottom, a real double bottom.

I'm not saying new bull market. I'm just saying the trend just changed on the weekly chart. If you want to wait for confirmation go ahead. But as a pivot trader, I catch knives for a living and I know when it gets tossed up whether i will be able to catch it. And by golly i'm 100% sure i caught it this week, this day.

#11     Jun 21, 2002
  2. How can you be 100% sure, next week and thereafter has not occurred yet?

#12     Jun 21, 2002
  3. Yannis

Yannis

Stockrock1,

Good quote, as long as you remember that the trend is MY friend :)

#13     Jun 21, 2002
  4. asad147a

asad147a

The Last Friday lows (14/06/02) have been retested and Market is now due for a nice upturn foing into summer rally.

Buying some options would not be a bad idea. However keep some puts for protection in case we are wrong.

#14     Jun 21, 2002
  5. ...and that <big><u><b>I</b></u></big> rule the freakin markets.

#15     Jun 21, 2002
  6. id like a little liquidity with my volatility, thank you.

#16     Jun 21, 2002
  7. Bono

Bono

There's no such thing as "100% sure" in the market ... otherwise, it wouldn't have been called a market ...

#17     Jun 21, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

Excellent point!

#18     Jun 21, 2002
  9. Rigel

Rigel

I hope your right Lundy.
    A gap up would be real nice right now. Looks possible.

#19     Jun 21, 2002
  10. Do not panic. Women and longs first. Stay short. Too many looking for bottom. Sell the rallies. Don't go home ove the weekend long. Risk reward of it is terrible. Mid east could blow at any minute, terrorism on US soil "not if but when" etc...

#20     Jun 21, 2002