the trend is down, market has reached peak

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DT-waw, Jul 10, 2002.

1. I know someone who promised to eat a bug if the Dow closed below its Sept lows. Almost there.

#11     Jul 10, 2002
  2. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Interesting day: Interesting behaviour in some of the widely held blue chip technology issues. .......

#12     Jul 10, 2002
  3. Bono

Bono

chisox :)

when the market hits a new low it means :

1) The trend is up ... market has bottomed
    2) You make more money on your calls, because you bought them totally out of the money, so now that volatility is up you sell them at an incredible premium
    3) You easily make 1000% return on your long investments

Good Trading ! (P.S. REAL HONEST TRADING)

#13     Jul 10, 2002
  4. ddefina

ddefina

I believe that was Charles himself giving that advice.

I wonder if there will be customer lawsuits over these recommendations after we fall another 50%? When will the analysts finally get sued out of business?

#14     Jul 10, 2002
  5. Its not my problem, but by Lundy being so damn bullish all the time, he is breaking a major rule of trading, even day trading in particular.....be unbiased, objective and ready to jump long or short. Only the dumb money always looks for the bull. But in a zero sum game, that means more money for me. :cool:

#15     Jul 10, 2002
  6. Bono

Bono

SilveBullet,

LOL ... yeah ... that's correct ... I never thought about it this way ... maybe we should encourage more people to stick to their bullishness all the time :)

P.S. Does that word "bullishness" exist or is it derived from something else ? :)

#16     Jul 10, 2002
  7. Don Dumb

Don Dumb

Bear comes from 'bearskin jobbers'. They often sold bear skins despite not having killed the bear yet. So short-sellers got the name bears: selling you a stock they didn't really own.
    Don't know how bull came about.

#17     Jul 10, 2002
  8. oh boy I can't resist. Can it have anything to do with what is politely known as 'stock promotion,' and the association of that noble profession with what falls from the back end of the big male cow?

#18     Jul 10, 2002
  9. A Bull market comes from the fact that a bulls horns point up, and a bull attacks with an upward thrust of its head.

A bear market comes from the fact that a bear attacks by swiping down with its paw.

#19     Jul 10, 2002
  10. Then I guess the term <i>bs</i> comes from what people think about the stock promotion biz after the bull has gone to greener pastures.

"That big bull ate all our green stuff, and left us with this here s**t. This BULLS**T.":D

#20     Jul 10, 2002