'The Traders Who Skip Most of the Day'

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Wallace, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Ïîñìîòðåë ÿ íà èõ ñ÷àñòëèâûå ðîæè..Ìàëàöû ÷å:D

#11     Sep 11, 2010
  2. lescor

lescor

I do pretty much the same thing as these guys. I call it "practicing for retirement".

#12     Sep 12, 2010
  3. what are you trading 3am-730?

#13     Sep 12, 2010
  4. sounds like my typical day :)

#14     Sep 12, 2010
  5. this thread is so much BS makes sound like trading literally a walk in the park, eating pizza while suntanning. trading is far from it, trading =hard work

#15     Sep 12, 2010
  6. saico

saico

It really depends. For those, who automated the most its more relaxing than for those who need to sit in front of the screen during the day and trade more manually.

#16     Sep 12, 2010
  7. lescor

lescor

First you do the hard work, then you reap the rewards.

#17     Sep 12, 2010
    777 likes this.
  8. In the past, I can't tell you how many times I've hit my peak P/L by 9:45-10:00, only to spend the rest of the day whittling that number away by trying to "work" the rest of the day. I eventually made long lunches and midday workout sessions a rigorous habit. Given today's market conditions, it's even more critical than ever to stick with what works and refrain from what doesn't.

#18     Sep 12, 2010
  9. Handle123

Handle123

When I was a kid and we were learning multiplication tables, EVERY NIGHT were printing out hundreds of the same numbers 6x1=6, 6x2=12 , etc., that was very hard work for a month's time, over and over and over. Trading is just like that, an enormous amount of hours dedicated to learning Price Action, indicators, relations of indicators to Price Action, Volume to Price Action, what does last nine months look like, hourly, five minute relationships. But at some point, you start seeing these relationships and more importantly, start remembering them, the more you remember the nuances of your craft, the better you become, and the easier it becomes.

This month marks thirty years of trading for me, it is so much easier to profit than thirty, twenty, ten and five years ago, and I am still learning and profiting.

But anyone who thinks you going to pick this up in a few years is mistaken, you might be profitable, but really to be as comfortable trading trend and as comfortable trading chop takes much effort=thousands of hours.

killthesunshine is so right.

#19     Sep 13, 2010
    beginner66 likes this.

10. I couldn't agree more with your point. However, I think these guys may have put the hours in when they were younger and now want to relax a little. I'm working hard now, but when I have a family and am older I too may want the lifestyle they have.

#20     Sep 14, 2010