The TraderBrad Debacle

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dbphoenix, Apr 22, 2004.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Perhaps, in order to avoid this sort of thing in the future, vendors who offer advisory services (or whatever you want to call them) should be required to offer some evidence that they in fact have a winning record. This need not necessarily mean posting it, though I don't know why one would object. Perhaps one would have only to satisfy Baron. But at least those who are just making it up as they go along, or can't make whatever they're using work, would not be able to use ET to solicit suckers.

2. traderob

traderob

I doubt Brad would have got any new subscriptions from his time on ET. There were about 300 posts and 99% of them were critical of him. Brad only joined because he was under attack.

3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

He said he got one. That would make it worthwhile. He may have been lying, of course, but still . . .

4. The ET community vetted that guy out. LOL! Let em take up a journal. That "Traderbrad before the bell" thread was the most vociferous response I ever saw here.

Reminds me of a story Henry Hill ("Goodfellas" fame) told in his book. In his neighborhood in Broooklyn, old tight knit Italian, a young man so obviously not from the neighborhood was seen walking down the street in the early evening. There was a girl from the neighborhood walking home, as she did every evening after returning from work. He was walking behind her. When she entered her house, he rushed in after her and she screamed. Within 30 seconds, 10 people poured out of stores and homes and and grabbed the attacker and disappeared into the building. One minute later Henry Hill saw the man being held each by limb and flung face down off the roof, kicking and grabbing at the air as he plummeted to his death on the Brooklyn street. He had been spied the minute he entered the neighborhood.

TraderBrad got te ET roust the other day and hit the sidewalk with a definite splat.

5. newtoet

newtoet

You have to be kidding - under attack? I saw no attack, but did see someone recounting his experience doing business with TB. The "attack" as you put it started when TB came here and did so first - rather than approaching the situation like a professional business man.

And, if you think he did not come here to get new customers, you are smoking crack.

:eek: