The toughest trading year for veteran traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Feb 9, 2003.

1. monee

monee

Do you trade e-mini's only?

If not,are your monthly expectations higher on the e-mini's than stocks due to the leverage?

Have found your posts very helpful.

#11     Feb 11, 2003
  2. Proof once again that money doesn't buy humility.

One would imagine that having achieved such freedom that only money could buy would soothe the savage ego, to be able to live beyond the need to defend oneself, but nooooooooo.

I wonder if Trump, Zell and others would respond so aggressively when challenged from a virtual entity on a meaningless message board?

Well.....I guess Trump might. Trump would go off if you criticize the color of his tie.....He would scream, "I wear whatever the F*cking color of tie I want!!!"

#12     Feb 11, 2003
  3. Humble I am NOT :p

If I really wanted to be a Pr!ck, I would include PICS :D

#13     Feb 11, 2003
  4. JEALOUS! O777?

I know I am!

#14     Feb 11, 2003
  5. Computer: P4 2.53GHz, Intel Board D845PESV, 1 GB Ram, WD Caviar HD's, NVIDIA Quadro4 NVS, Logitech Elite Keyboard w/Cordless MX700 Mouse, Win 2000 Pro, System Guardian/XC 2000 Backup, Cyberpower 1500AVR Power Supply, (6) Samsung 191T Flat Panel Monitors-Digital

All the money in the world, and that is your system?

LAUGH MY ASS OFF!!!

#15     Feb 11, 2003
  6. i haven't been trading since '00 (so i'm not a vet), but imho: 2004

(yep, ask all the folks that were crying and bitching about '02 -- they'd love to have it back.... shit, ask the folks that were bitching about '01, the'd LOVE to have it back...)

#16     Feb 11, 2003
  7. Show us some pics, man. I'm sure some of us would like to see the rewards of successful trading. :cool:

PeBBLe

#17     Feb 11, 2003
  8. These markets sure piss people off, but as long as you're making money, who cares. I really think that 5 weeks in is way too early to say how your year will look.

#18     Feb 11, 2003
  9. Ditto!

#19     Feb 11, 2003
  10. Tide31

Tide31

If you've been trading for 25 years, then you can't be that good.

:confused:

Thought this was great. I actually just retired at 40 from Wall Street. Not becase I had enough, because I now have the know-how to do it without the suit and politics that were all to distracting. Roger Clemens will pack it in this year. He is my age. The only difference is, he has more $ but I have a skill that I can continue to use and get richer. He will do some ads for the next year or two, then (other than his induction ceremony in HOF) enter into baseball oblivion (check spelling) coaching spring camp baseball in Fla. for $75,000 a year.

#20     Feb 11, 2003