The Toronto Story could Be Huge (Up Mahrams Ass)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabst, Jun 3, 2006.

1. The words of any particular scripture become live, and have meaning in the mind and heart of a man only when they are taken with full faith.

Sadly, that faith is put in the ideas and concepts, the interpretations of those scriptures by Mullahs, Rabbis, Popes, false prophets, etc, not directly in God and God's will.

The pen is mightier than the sword, and the charismatic totalitarian leader is mightier than both....

People don't die for words, they die for concepts....

#51     Jun 5, 2006
  2. http://www.torontosun.com/News/Columnists/Margolis_Eric/2006/06/04/1614071-sun.html

"But caution is advised until all the facts are known.

Before we rush to judgment, it's worth remembering the 19 foreign students, mostly from Pakistan, arrested in 2003 in and around Toronto, allegedly for plotting to blow up the nuclear reactors at Pickering or the CN Tower.

After a huge media uproar and lurid claims the charges were dropped and the accused deported for visa irregularities.

The Bush administration wants Canada to get tough on a wide assortment of Muslim groups and individuals protesting U.S. policy in the Muslim world.

These raids by hundreds of Canadian security officers and police against a relatively small number of mostly young Muslim suspects in Mississauga, Toronto and Kingston suggest this high-profile operation may have been designed as much for public relations and diplomatic reasons as national security. No doubt, Washington will be very pleased with Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

But not everyone accused is always guilty.

It's possible that among the 12 adults and five minors charged, Canadian security organizations have rounded up some loud-mouthed teenagers who have been encouraged to sedition by government "agents provocateurs."

We won't know what really happened until the accused go to court. It appears an FBI investigation last month into a group of American Muslims from Atlanta who went to Toronto and met co-religionists there led to the current arrests.

FBI and Canadian authorities believe they have uncovered an important terrorist cell plotting major attacks in Canada and the U.S. But the FBI's track record to date has not been impressive. Recall that of the more than 2,000 Muslims arrested in the U.S. since 2001 for suspicion of terrorism, less than 15 were convicted, and those mostly for minor visa offenses."

#52     Jun 5, 2006
  3. Let's think about this for a moment.

US Marines are accused of atrocities in Iraq, and the right wingers immediately say don't rush to judgment, don't say anything, wait until the investigation and/or trial is complete.

Muslims are accused of planning a terrorist attack and the right wingers are ready to commence sentencing without a trial....

#53     Jun 5, 2006
  4. remember the med students that were the next mohamed atta's? their crime was stopping to eat at a denny's in georgia. i wonder if they had the tooty fruity big breakfast. DAMN IT ALL TO HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! next time make it IHOP, YOU CAMEL JOCKEYS !!! oh wait... they too had cell phones.....quick call the MOUNTIES !!!!!!!

#54     Jun 5, 2006
  5. traderob

traderob

Ratboy,
    You still claim that the people in London who blew up the underground and bus were not Islamic and that it was actually a government plot right?

#55     Jun 5, 2006
  6. Did angry Objectivists attempt to assassinate you for insulting Rand... as was the case with Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh, Salman Rushdie, and the Danish cartoonists?

I must have missed that.

#56     Jun 5, 2006
  7. i found it quite odd that netanyahu had prior knowledge ie, he was warned not to leave his hotel room right before the attack, and that there was a terrorist "exercise drill" going on that day. did seem odd didnt it. also the boy that was executed on the train... that story changed more times than you change your underwear.

#57     Jun 5, 2006
  8. Not to my knowledge, though I can't rule it out...

I certainly have been the victim of "posted" attacks previously for making fun of Anie Randy...by her clone like followers.

In fact, I have even seem some idiotic clowns want to get in some stupid octagonal ring wishing to physically fight me over things I have commented on...so the intention to physically harm me for comments made is certainly similar, in a very fundamentalist way, of course.

Were it not for the barrier of cyberspace, I have little doubt that such fundamentalist barbaric thinking which suggests violence as a response to unpopular comments would indeed translate into same on a face to face level...if these emotionally reactive fundamentalist thinkers had half a chance....

#58     Jun 5, 2006
  9. Nice try for a moral equivalency, but again, you fall far short . . .

#59     Jun 5, 2006
  10. Cesko

Cesko

More likely you are scared of your own "leaders". That's what you are running from aren't you?

#60     Jun 5, 2006