The Toronto Story could Be Huge (Up Mahrams Ass)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabst, Jun 3, 2006.

1. bronks

bronks

Puffy beaves show up in the oddest places.

#31     Jun 4, 2006
  2. How many drunk drivers kill 3000 people at once?

#32     Jun 4, 2006
  3. 3,000 at once or 3,000 a year, what is the difference....

3,000 in one day=3,000 dead in a year
    3,000 in one year=3,000 dead in a year

#33     Jun 4, 2006
  4. Beaver College, Beaver(Glenside)PA

#34     Jun 4, 2006
  5. Huh? I spend a lot of time in Canada (since I live here) and I have yet to hear one person, either to my face or in any of the media, say anything like this!! Can you provide us with a citation? By saying 'How many Canadians have...' you are implying that it is commonplace for Canadians to say that we are less susceptible because of... what, our 'dovish' stance vis-a-vis the Middle East??

First of all, our stance re: the invasion of Iraq and our stance re: terrorism are different, okay? Pabst, you're not famous for reflection, but let me assure you, the average Canadian, on both the right and left, feels the same about these thugs - hang 'em high. Just wait and see what the reaction is up here. I guarantee you that Canada will wake up tomorrow morning shifted over to the right.
    Yes. But you see, Pabst, being a rational thinker involves the rejection of a withdrawal into stereotyping. Yes, what you say is true, but it is nevertheless our responsibility to fight against the tendency to FAIL to give every INDIVIDUAL the opportunity to prove his or her worth. It is a very tough burden to bear, I know. But if you don't have the moral strength to bear it, you end up with statements like

"35% of Black people are assholes"

Do you see the connection? Citizens subjected to this kind of thing have lost their liberty, which is something that is guaranteed in your Constitution, I think.

Very tough to take, I know. Much easier to just brand a symbol into their foreheads so we know every one of them and we can keep an eye on every one of them. That would achieve better results, clearly. If we treat every Negro as a potential asshole, we will avoid being 'assholed upon' by the ones that actually are assholes. Much better results, no?

Right...

#35     Jun 4, 2006
  6. Is it possible... that you believe... that the actions of terrorists and those that train them are informed by theology?

Not sure if you will be able to understand this, but if that is what you believe, you are doomed.

Do I want to explain what it really is? I think the job has already been done, better than I could do it. But I can tell you what it's really about in one word. Religion? No.

It's about power.

#36     Jun 4, 2006
  7. Pabst

Pabst

Hardly.

#37     Jun 4, 2006
  8. reg

reg

I think it's about both - they are using their religion to achieve power and dominance.

#38     Jun 4, 2006
  9. Big deal, not even a drop in the bucket. Terrorism is <b>overrated</b>. Thousands of humans die every day, and rarely does anyone give a shit except for the relatives.

By the way, I caught a bit of Fox News over the weekend. What is the deal with a news alert every 3 seconds? I had heart palpitations after two minutes -- no wonder everyone is scared shitless. Fox is definitely for the scared pussy crowd, and they're going to stay scared because nobody is ever safe -- nobody will ever completely secure your borders; nobody will ever protect you from disease and disaster; nobody will ever prevent you from possibly dying a horrible death in a car wreck.

Life is a risk, so get busy livin' or get busy dyin' (name that movie), you motherfucking security pussies.

#39     Jun 4, 2006
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, now that you mention it, I'd be more afraid at a typical soccer final these days.

#40     Jun 4, 2006