The Top is Now In...Go to Cash now...right now...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Oct 11, 2010.

1. i see you asked the question before and i guess nobody replied. it made me look into it and it is not members only. you add it as an 'indicator" called "price".

#31     Oct 12, 2010
  2. I'll agree that we're very close to a top for 2010. I wouldn't want to be short into GOOG and AAPL. Short ES 20 mins after AAPL reports, good or bad.

#32     Oct 12, 2010
  3. Top in the Market prior to 07 maybe.

This is a totally different market folks. Prop'd up with Light Volume and trades come in by HFTs which account for near half of the Volume.

Anything could happen as most money hit the exit doors outa the Dow a while ago.

As far as a terrorist attack in NYC in October...Not gona happen. I would bet my entire wealth on that.

#33     Oct 12, 2010
  4. Here is the quote from the internal memo of ALL OPTION, one of the biggest market maker of the dutch financial market
    Strategic announcement distributed to all AO employees ¨C 21/09 9.05am

Announcement ¨C New strategic focus for All Options

Dear Colleagues

We are in the midst of a market that has changed significantly. As many of you know, market making, our core business model, is dependent upon volume, and volume has died out in many of our markets.

_-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My very point...and I didn't see this whenl I posted earlyer.

#34     Oct 12, 2010
  5. if the earnings hold, the trigger will probably be qe2 announcement at beginning of nov. I wouldnt want to hold anything long going into it.

on the other side of the globe, china stock market is looking to start its bull run after years of slump. real estate is no longer an investment anymore, and with 100% expectation the yuan will go up overtime, a lot of cash is flowing into equities, there is nothing else to buy over there....

#35     Oct 12, 2010
  6. Whew! Thank goodness I bought da dip from yesterday! I'm glad I increased long positions! [​IMG]

#36     Oct 13, 2010
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

While U.S. stocks have made nominal new highs this week, the EURUSD, oil, gold stocks, Nikkei, etc. haven't broken last week's highs.

U.S. stocks won't keep rising (at least, not much more) unless these other groups break to new highs as well. Look out for divergences.

#37     Oct 13, 2010
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Oil has gotten completely ahead of itself over the last 6 weeks. As the markets climb so does oil however eventually higher oil prices will lead to downward pressure of overall equities moving forward.

#38     Oct 13, 2010
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

another rock solid prediction from the op.

#39     Oct 13, 2010
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Markets have had some run over the last 6 weeks or so, as everyone should know, markets fall a lot quicker than they rise, 6 weeks of gains can disappear in 6 days. Bulls are way ahead of themselves each day this market rises, it seems the higher it goes the more they want out of the markets, we have seen this time and time again what happens when markets play this type of game.

#40     Oct 13, 2010