The Top is Now In...Go to Cash now...right now...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Well, I am just giving you an estimation. As in the past, that pivot might be now or 2 weeks from now. If 9 times out of the last ten there was a sharp pivot then I think we can assume its coming soon.

#11     Oct 11, 2010
  2. Forget it. 10-30yr spread is pricing in some higher level of inflation. While inflation is bad for shares in the long run, in the short-term it will likely provide the boost needed to blow right through 1200-1220.

And share can stay overbought for a LONG time.

#12     Oct 11, 2010
  3. #13     Oct 11, 2010
  4. little fall in the markets right now :)

comment explaining it fill me with joy :

-------------
    Bell Potter senior adviser Stuart Smith was optimistic the market would improve throughout the day, however.

"We're probably paying the penalty for being up 20-odd points yesterday, but I think we're just taking 24 paces back so we can having a running jump at 4700," Mr Smith said of the ASX 200.
    ---------------

#14     Oct 11, 2010
  5. I will give you a strategy for shorting. You want to wait for the 2 bar break below the moving average. Once the average breaksdown by 2 bars then you can get it on the short.

I think all of the conditions and seasonality are aligned for a good fall from here.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#15     Oct 11, 2010
  6. thanks for this. I will watch it as proof of further strength. My signal already arrived. Problem with this method used as is is that one cant load too much if allocated 5% risk to a trade and have around 10% stop :( I am hoping to load larger position using small risk entries but larger size and implant many positions and take partial profits when warranted & reload, etc. If for example current fall turns into above scenario, my bet size will be substantially larger and will be in better position to load/add when time comes. Downside is substantial IMHO, so playing short only, until conviced to be wrong.

#16     Oct 11, 2010
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

This is true. In fact, some of these high/low points lasted for years. 10/10/02 was the S&P's low for over 6 years and who knows how long 10/11/07 will last as the all-time high. Many others lasted months or even years (the 2005 and 2008 lows come to mind).

October is definitely the most pivotal month of the year. A somewhat distant second is March (2000 high, 2009 low, etc.)

#17     Oct 11, 2010
  8. Bakinec

Bakinec

The tendency of markets is to go up, not down.

#18     Oct 11, 2010
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

Not with valuations at current levels.

http://hussmanfunds.com/wmc/wmc101011.htm

Oh, and tell that to people who have tried to buy-and-hold the Nikkei for the last 20 years. Japan's QE didn't help, either.

#19     Oct 11, 2010
  10. The fact you are so infatic means we should probably fade you, although I believe this is a hot air rally.

#20     Oct 12, 2010