The Top 14 Biblical Ways To Acquire A Wife

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Dec 15, 2009.

1. stu

stu

Wallett,

In response to your points in their order.

There ‘ARE’ period texts of Sherlock Holmes, but that doesn't make him a real person. Some people writing about a fictional Jesus as a so called 'Christus' and his disciples does not make any of them real or actual.
    There are proven methods to declare events and people as real and historical, and Bible Jesus doesn't even start to meet them.

The main reason Jesus was of little significance historically in reference to the Roman empire would be because bible Jesus didn't exist.

Literal in this context is not about being right and wrong. You cannot sensibly say something supposed to be instructional is to be taken literally one minute and figuratively the next as a mood takes.
    However, it is the format for fairy tales.

There is no measure of perfection unless it is perfect evil that warrants pushing someone who cannot swim off the side of a boat into the sea and then telling them they will be thrown a life line only if they slavishly worship.
    That is fundamentally immoral and violates most of the accepted principles of right and wrong. Whether or not the something's name said to be doing it is God.

There was no sacrifice. There is no such thing as death happening, when in a story someone is going to live again in 3 days.
    The loathful crucifixion is nothing more than a grotesque story about fraudulently forcing repellant, unwanted and unasked for conditions onto people and then making unsupported and untrustworthy promises about getting them taken away again.
    Anywhere else but in a bible you would get a life term in prison for conspiring to carry out such an abominable enterprise..

They are your rules. They are the rules you decided to swallow for no good reason other than a superstitious fear and the cheap irrational sense for a fictitious salvation.

best wishes
    stu

#31     Dec 24, 2009
  2. Wallet

Wallet

Stu,

It was and IS real, and the evidence of it's power (Jesus' sacrificial death and resurrection) is seen in the life changes of all true Believers. Sadly what you perceive as bondage and yolk to God's will, I experience as freedom.

But that's the way it is, the concepts of Christianity are contrary to the self-will interests of the natural man. It's designed for the glory to go to God, and not to ourselves.

Last week, during services I prayed for both you and Vhehn as we studied the first part of Romans 15 1-13.

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me."

For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,

that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.

For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs,

and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, "Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name."

And again it is said, "Rejoice, O Gentiles, with his people."

And again, "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles, and let all the peoples extol him."

And again Isaiah says, "The root of Jesse will come, even he who arises to rule the Gentiles; in him will the Gentiles hope."

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Merry Christmas,

#32     Dec 24, 2009
  3. stu

stu

Wallet,

"It" (ie Jesus non-sacrificial - non-death) was and IS NOT real.
    What is real, are some human emotional responses and reactions to a severe superstition which you are describing and evidently practicing.

Christianity is all about self-interest. The deal goes this way ....you do imaginary God's will via a fictional Christ character and you get pretend salvation.

While you pray for both vhehn and I, (and if I may talk for vhehn too ) we shall think for you.

You now sound overwhelmed, permanently intoxicated by and dependant upon parroting platitudinous biblical text. It all really doesn't sound anything like freedom.

Happy Holidays

#33     Dec 24, 2009
  4. Wallet this thread is about the top 14 Biblical ways to acquire a wife. Please stay on topic. Did you acquire your wife by one of these ways. Please, I pray you did not partake in premarital sex, but from your posts I'm sure you didn't because your are a righteous man and you wouldn't break gods laws just because you got a boner would you.

#34     Dec 27, 2009