The Top 14 Biblical Ways To Acquire A Wife

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigarrow, Dec 15, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

Top way for liberals to acquire a wife:

Change definition of marriage so dudes can marry their 'life partner'.

:p

#11     Dec 15, 2009
  2. Have you had sex with more than woman, ever had premartial sex? No need to answer but those who answer yes and still preach religious sexual morals may be a little hypocritical.

#12     Dec 15, 2009
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Bigarrow,

Here's one fallacy with modern interpretations of the bible, the Commandments were not given to show man how to live, but to prove to him that he could not live a righteous life.

Everyone falls short.

If a reformed drug addict speaks out against the dangers of drugs, does the fact that he did drugs negate his words?

#13     Dec 15, 2009
  4. You're right, I have my personal standards. Some that I've improved on after screwing up, some that I'm still working on improving.

#14     Dec 15, 2009
  5. why do you thumpers always insist on changing what your own holy book tells you?

Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want eternal life, obey the commandments." "Which ones?" the man inquired. Jesus replied, " `Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,' and `love your neighbor as yourself.'"

#15     Dec 15, 2009
  6. Wallet

Wallet

Vhehn!

I was wondering when you would come by, please let me finish the story found in Matthew chapter 19, the young man said, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?"

Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus used this young man as an example, sadly he did not heed his masters call, because he loved his possessions, the gift more than the giver.

The Pharisees asked Jesus what was the greatest commandment, He said it was to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind, the second was like the first, to love your neighbor as yourself--- all the laws of all the prophets are based on these two principles.

Man corrupts everything he tries to perfect through his own efforts, it's not the word that's in err vhehn, just our attempt to live it by our own means without the help of God.

The Pharisees of the old and new testament were what you would call the religious zealots of their time, their whole life was centered around keeping every letter of the mosaic law, down to the smallest detail.

They even made their own laws around the critical ones like a hedge, reasoning if they kept the smaller laws there was no way they could get close to breaking a big one. They went as far as tying themselves in their beds on the sabbath night so they could not roll over as that might be taken as working on the Sabbath, a strict no-no.

What did Jesus say about the Pharisees? He called them snakes, vipers and said if a persons righteousness did not surpass that of the Pharisees, you could not enter heaven . So how can I pass a person who so perfectly tries to keep the law?

#16     Dec 15, 2009
  7. what is it with you people? if you believe that book do you think it wise to put your own spin on what it says?
    it clearly says you must keep the commandments plus you must sell your posessions and give the proceds to the poor to gain eternal life.

Emo Philips: When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

#17     Dec 15, 2009
  8. Wallet

Wallet

Vhehn,

I didn't put my own spin on it. The Jews had this elaborate set of rules and laws to live by.... they also had a set of rules and laws that governed what they had to do, to atone themselves when they broke the laws, i.e. sacrifices. They even had sacrifices for sins they didn't even know they committed, sins of omission.

If it were possible to live perfectly, then why the need for sacrifice? Like - if you sin, your doomed, if not then please enter the pearly gates??? Like I said in my original post, the commandments were not given to just to show man how to live (although imagine if everyone did, how great a place it would be)... they were given to show man that he could not live perfectly.

Oh! and don't forget the last part of Jesus' answer.. come follow me.

#18     Dec 15, 2009
  9. Translation: Because I have no game, and am unable to pull off a healthy polyamorous sex life with a variety of hot young sluts, no one else should being doing that either. If I <i>could</i> pull it off, I'd drop the holy roller stance in a heartbeat and make a sexy time!

#19     Dec 15, 2009
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Hey! If there's nothing after we are gone, then knock yourself out screwing anything and everything. But why stop there, there are no moral absolutes or eternal consequences to any action. So why do I care what you think? I'll do what ever I want. What's the point of trying to do any thing good for anybody? After all it's all about me.

Let the party begin, the whole world indulging in any and every selfish and immoral act, who are you to say what's right or wrong, everybody trying to screw the other or steal them blind, get it while the gettin's good, before they get me... because when it's over it's over....... if everyone acted in their own self interest without regard to anyone else, what a world it would be.... how ya feel now, cowboy?

<i> the translation was literal, there is no down side to sexual purity</i>

#20     Dec 15, 2009