"The time to buy is when blood is running in the streets."

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by aresky, Sep 19, 2008.

1. I would have to agree with TZ's point in this post. The time period between 1929 and 1932 is when Livermore, amongst others, got screwed because they bought in too early. The Dailywealth article mentions 1932 as the point AFTER which they apply their logic.

IMO, that low volume 778 point drop on 9/29 was not quite what it appeared to be and as well, yesterday was EOM and EOQ. We have much further south to go. The pleas by the investment bankers and in Europe at least, the politicians, to 'relax' any 'mark to market' constraints on the valuation of the banks' holdings and instead use 'in house' valuation protocols are too slimy for words.

There will be a time to 'buy low' and the baron's observation will once again be vindicated.

lj

#21     Oct 1, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

The dow is going below 10k....

#22     Oct 1, 2008
  3. The day of the 1987 crash and the next were my two biggest days. That being said this environment is not at all analogous....

#23     Oct 1, 2008
  4. Mvic

Mvic

:) beautifully put as always TD.

In other words the top and bottom 5% of every move are the most expensive (or painful) to try and catch, conservative investors will wait and take the easier money in the meat of the move. I like the way you put it much better though.

Agree with Pabst and 1Reason too (though not sure about the 5000!)

#24     Oct 1, 2008