The time has come ...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by aphexcoil, Oct 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorry, meant to say CANT, you CANT trade odd lots on listed, at least not to open, but you can after establishing a round position.

#21     Oct 16, 2002
  2. :cool: best of luck to you.

#22     Oct 16, 2002
  3. sorry, meant to say CANT, you CANT trade odd lots on listed, at least not to open, but you can after establishing a round position.

I think this has now changed and that you can now trade odd lots of listed stock.

#23     Oct 16, 2002
  4. ... funny, once Alphie had made his first real trade, Elite members seems to accept him better... He's part of the gang now! brothers in arm, togheter, fighting in trenches, licking wounds, tender bruises... get depressed when things go bad, get drunk when things go well.... :D

#24     Oct 16, 2002
  5. Rigel

Rigel

Trade small for a while. 20-30sh. Keep records. The first thing you will discover is what doesn't work.

#25     Oct 16, 2002
  6. and get drunk when things go bad, too!

Someone out there just got a good couple of bar tabs from me. Whoever you are, enjoy the drinks -- you will need them when I come back. :D

#26     Oct 16, 2002
  7. Amkeer

Amkeer

Remember to control your emotions and keep the size down until you are comfortable with your trading strategy. Don't forget to set stop loss!

You may have timed the start of your trading at a good time!:) :) :) :) :) :)

Good luck!

#27     Oct 16, 2002
  8. is to keep the size down !

if you get mad at the market .... tear up a $20 bill

instead of tearing up your acct ...

good luck ...

ps ... I suffer from the problem of sometimes trading bigger
    than my pants size and usually the market whips me
    when that happens ...

good luck kid !:)

#28     Oct 16, 2002
  9. nitro

nitro

Best of luck to you.

One advice - whatever you do, keep your emotions under control, especially if you are trading spoos. It will be hard at first...

nitro

#29     Oct 16, 2002
  10. Aphie -

I know I've busted your balls a few times over your lack of experience and 1000 posts here on Elite, but now that you're finally in the game I wish you all the best.

And remember: I'm always there to take your money on the other side of your trades :D

Trade your plan and keep emotions out of the game.

#30     Oct 16, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.