The Time Has Come !

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by saxon22, Mar 18, 2007.

1. I will take even 1 point a day knowing that I must get better and better and get maximum out of myself to get absolute maximum from the markets.

#41     Mar 20, 2007
  2. WD40

WD40

WW = Txx

#42     Mar 20, 2007
  3. minmike

minmike

Start small Increase size exponentally less. i.e. add a second contract at 2500, a third at when you make 5000 or 7500 total.

Don't change your strat because you are trading bigger. trade exactly the same.

#43     Mar 20, 2007
  4. I will start with 1 and thenafter a month of profitable trading it will go to 2 then 3,4 and so forth.
    As for the strategy, it will essentially be the same but with even less risk.

#44     Mar 20, 2007

5. ?????????????????????? Please explain.

#45     Mar 20, 2007
  6. Boib

Boib

Your answer lies in how much you are willing to lose on any one trade.

How many losses will you take in a row?

It’s not how much you make that counts it’s how little you lose.

To answer your question I don’t risk more than 1% of my account on any one trade.

#46     Mar 20, 2007
  7. So in order to do 50 contracts I would have to have around 250,000? Assuming tha my stop loss is 1 point.

#47     Mar 20, 2007
  8. Learner

Learner

Hi Saxon,

Welcome to the slaughter house! Your thread was started on 18-03-2007........Keep it alive please.

Learner

#48     Mar 20, 2007
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Saxon22,

I am currently doing something very similar that is gradually increasing my size and I am making profits. If your average risk per trade is around 1-2 ES points, I suggest to have on your account at least $5,000 per 1 contract. This is margin is OK only if you do not hold positions overnight. Once you reach 10K, add another one and so forth. If you loose 5K, decrease the size by 1.

Regards,
    redduke

#49     Mar 20, 2007
  10. The process will be smoother for you if you:

a) Start trading live money. Doing so will teach you what trading SIM will not.

b) Stop getting ahead of yourself. You're like the High School kid who wants to win an NBA championship. That's all well and good, and you certainly can, but you have to start doing the process of playing real ball at some point. This, I think, will answer many of your questions for yourself better than anyone else could.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#50     Mar 20, 2007