The Time Has Come !

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by saxon22, Mar 18, 2007.

1. What broker/platform/data feed combo are you using?

#31     Mar 20, 2007
  2. RAY

RAY

And the Winner is.

My advice (it isn't worth much) is to not trade until you know why TRS won.

EDIT: As for what I think the answer is; You can look at one of VOL's posts as a guide.

#32     Mar 20, 2007
  3. You're actually a lot closer to what you want than you think.

While you've been given some basic concepts of how you might want to trade here, you're missing the key component that all of these SIZE traders use to implement their real killer trades.

But intuitively, you already do it, you just need to quantify why you do it better, so that you will have solid rules to go by (they're like a seatbelt, there to protect you against worse case scenarios).

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#33     Mar 20, 2007
  4. So what did you say about trend?

#34     Mar 20, 2007
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

He could, but he won't. You are telling to a newbie he can make 5 ES points per day, right from start???? If he can, I want to sign up for his strategy...

Saxon, be happy if you make consistently 1-2 ES per day, you can make a living on that...

#35     Mar 20, 2007

6. I must admit, I do sneak a peek on my total P/L. I also record in my notebook all my trades. Time in/out P/L and length of being in the trade.
    As for the second part of the advice about how much to have in the account for 50 contracts. I would probably deposit 200K and would only risk 5% on any given trade. However, I realize that I am still very far away from that moment not to mention doing 40 with 30K - that is formula one of trading. Thanx for advice.

#36     Mar 20, 2007

7. Because there are trades where you think that there is a 80% probability that it will go your way and in order to see if your assumption is true you go in and see if you were right. Now, there are trades where the risk is minimal or very small. When your set up is telling you this is the one, then you go all in. So with 50 contracts I would only hunt for the elephant not the rabbit.

#37     Mar 20, 2007

8. E signal + Open E Cry

#38     Mar 20, 2007
  9. Wouldn't it be easier to just state it?????

#39     Mar 20, 2007

10. Yea, I got your PM thanx. Trend is my friend. Btw. I see that the fire storm had been retired? Glad to see that you are still around. You are like spicy food, hard to swallow but overall tasty.

#40     Mar 20, 2007