The time 2 buy is now big rally coming

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Its not a buy.... but if you got your tweekies caught in the zipper, then its also not a sell. Selling after a big sharp fall like this usually is regrettable a short time later. Not saying that mkt will fly to new highs next week.... but retrace back up some it will. After that, it's anybodys guess. It will either enter a volatile trading environment... (good for day traders bad for swing traders), or it will either continue its up trend or the more unlikely scenario in my opinion, start its down trend.

If the waters do get too choppy, then im not worried... if time frames are like boats.....i aint in no dingy... my ship is built like the Titanic :cool:

#31     Feb 28, 2007
  2. If you were some big player, where would you see the better risk/reward ratio?
    On the short side or on the long side?
    Think there are many more fools left to pay higher prices? Or are there enough who bought on margin, hoping not to get any margin calls?

And most important: ist the Pope catholic?

#32     Feb 28, 2007
  3. The breakdown area 1422-4 on ES as well the gap area 1435-38 will be a good zone to short if we have some frenzy recovery.

#33     Feb 28, 2007
  4. i don't know if the pope is catholic.
    What they say is... that the pope is another guy bought on margin in highs.

#34     Feb 28, 2007
  5. Donkell

Donkell

These figures are from Los Angeles Times 2-28-07

Largest one-day percentage drops in the Dow Jones industrial average compared with Tuesday's decline Points Pctg.
    Date lost change:
    Dec. 12, 1914* -17.42 -24.4%
    Oct. 19, 1987 -508.00 -22.6
    Oct. 28, 1929 -38.33 -12.8
    Oct. 29, 1929 -30.57 -11.7
    Nov. 6, 1929 -25.55 -9.9
    Feb. 27, 2007 -416.02 -3.3
    *New York Stock Exchange reopened after closing for four months because of World War I.

Someone asked for the figures. And I agree with most of the others about buying. There is a very good chance we will get another drop just like this in the next week or so. I would be damn careful of what I was jumping into thinking everything is okay and it's buy time.

don

#35     Feb 28, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

I remember the drop in May and June, I tried going long numerous times only to sell at loss, this market could be in the same pattern as it was just last May and June.

#36     Feb 28, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

and was it really a computer glitch....its 2007 and the stock market has these kinds of worries. :eek: :eek:

#37     Feb 28, 2007
  8. I doubt it. The may/june selling was due to fed fears and was rather trivial (whihc is why the markets quickly rebounded to historical highs)

same here. Trivial events.

Go long and buy the dips if possible

#38     Feb 28, 2007
  9. stock/tder what if any is your background? If I had to put money down on you, I would say you are a 1 lot player, on margin, and dying at the moment. You are infamous on this site for buying the top in 5/06. I being a betting man would say you are neck deep in margin at the moment, wondering how GS GOOG and MA are getting slaughtered...

#39     Mar 1, 2007
  10. there might be a rally but it will probably be shorts getting squeezed. After that I doubt a serious rally will come. Housing is starting to be a real concern with subprimes, but the whole market will probably start feeling effects in 2-3 months. Easy money is going away soon with carry trade going away now yen is shooting up. if you see bounces being sold hard i.e. lower lows, then for sure the bull is gone http://lauristonletter.blogspot.com/

#40     Mar 1, 2007