"...the three sorriest white people I've ever seen."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Bakinec

Bakinec

Then take your own advice, grow up and stop demanding an American apology for slavery, because it doesn't matter what you want to see someone else do.

#11     Aug 24, 2009
  2. Let's see how quickly the godless-left change their positions, ala "Climate Change", now that "design" has been, or at least will reportedly be, proven in the lab.

"Nation of Idiots", indeed, at least the part that falls for the failed leftists crap.

VOTE THE LEFT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Artificial life will be created 'within months'
    http://www.dail*****.co.uk/sciencet...rder-Man-organisms-months-say-biologists.html

Maher: "Now, President Bush recently suggested that public schools should teach intelligent design, alongside the theory of evolution. Because, after all, evolution is quote, "just a theory." Then the President renewed his vow to drive the terrorists straight over the edge of the earth.

Now, here is what I don't get. President Bush is a brilliant scientist. He's the man who proved you can mix two parts booze with one part cocaine, and still fly a jet fighter. And yet... yet he just can't seem to accept that we descended from apes.

It just seems pathetic to be so insecure about your biological superiority, to a group of feces-flinging, rouge-buttocked monkeys, that you have to make up fairy tales. Like we came from Adam and Eve, and then cover stories for Adam and Eve like, intelligent design. Yeah, leaving the Earth in the hands of two naked teenagers. That's a real intelligent design."

#12     Aug 24, 2009

3. FeenixRizin, I am confused on what you are saying. To discover "Design" of something is not proof of intelligent design.

#13     Aug 24, 2009
  4. Calling to do the right thing is demanding?

...and I thought America was about doing the right thing...

Apparently your America is petulant, vain, stubborn, self centered, and given to tantrums when someone suggests America act like a grown up...

#14     Aug 24, 2009
  5. If you go far enough back in history, every person alive today has ancestors that were slaves. Lets get over it and get back to what's important..................trading, sex, beer & rock n' roll. :D

#15     Aug 24, 2009
  6. Not every nation has had slaves...

#16     Aug 24, 2009
  7. #17     Aug 24, 2009
  8. #18     Aug 24, 2009
  9. In general, I am against apologies from public officials. They usually take two forms. One, apologizing for something someone else generations ago did. These are not real apologies because the intention is generally to paint the person making the "apology" as morally superior to people who have been dead for generations. In some cases, like Obama, he uses this form of "apology" as a tool to try to make his political opponents look bad without taking the risk of actually criticizing them directly.

The other form of public apology is the "if anyone was offended by what I said" type of non-apology, most recently utilized by the gutless weasel Letterman. This is a non-apology because the real intent is to repeat the original insult and imply that anyone offended by it is a moron or overly sensitive.

Even truly heartfelt apologies form public officials end up sounding like they are merely very sorry that they got caught. Sen. Ensign's apology comes to mind.

Apologies are best reserved for unintentional wrongs. I didn't see you next to me in traffic and inadvertantly cut you off. Sorry about that, so please don't shoot me. Screwing someone's wife for months is not an accident.

#19     Aug 24, 2009
  10. "Apologies are best reserved for unintentional wrongs."

Patently incorrect.

I mistake needs only an explanation for what was in the mind when the mistake happened.

Intentional wrongs require an apology, not for the benefit of the wronged, but for the purpose of cleansing the sin and repentance.

#20     Aug 24, 2009