The thing about "day trading"

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Maharaja, May 6, 2004.

1. I don't know you but this is got to be one of more stupid posts. I cannot imagine anything in this world that is worthwhile? Your born with nothing and leave with nothing. So what is your point?

I personally am rotating money in and out of Currencies/Options/Equities/Futures and creating a living for tens of thousand of people in the infrastructure of trading as a meaningful industry to society.

I am giving companies money to invest with and their associated markets liquidity to fund foreign governments that are poverty stricken.

I am providing the catalyst for small companies to grow and employ people.

I am providing cash flow for our banking system to function.

Your post is naive and your self righteous attitude gets you no where with god.

Michael B.

#41     May 7, 2004
  2. The same question can be posed about the entire legalized gambling industry. What about Las Vegas? Well, they offer entertainment. Gambling is a form of entertainment, and to some people, trading is actually a form of gambling.

#42     May 7, 2004
  3. Very true. The byproduct of both trading in financial markets and gambling in Las Vegas is job creation for the people who support such service-oriented businesses. In that sense, "value" is created.

#43     May 7, 2004
  4. This is true.

But the successful "day traders" consider it work, not gambling. Actually trading is just data entry and rather boring.

I once told someone who asked me what I did, that I was a button pusher. They asked what did you say? then the music started and we could not talk...lol :)

Michael B.

#44     May 7, 2004
  5. cvds16

cvds16

there are lots of daytraders here on elite who entertain the masses too ! :D

#45     May 7, 2004
  6. benysl

benysl

if we don't trade, there will be many brokers that will go jobless :). Day traders create job for brokers. In a way whenever I call my broker and ask for any information they treat me with respect cos they know I am their big clients and without me they most likely will go jobless.

When I was working, my spending power is limited I do not have money to buy a lot of things now that my spending power increase I buy more and more. That should help the economy. Don't you think so?

#46     May 7, 2004
  7. I only trade so I can afford Penis enlargements for my dogs.

This is the only thing I can offer to a narrow minded **nt like you.

#47     May 7, 2004
  8. You're right I said speculation is parasitism to society

>what have you done for society?
    Now one could reverse the question: what society has done for me :D
    If there are so many people willing to go there it is because society has made it the only field left where monopolies and taxes haven't forbidden you to be your own entrepreneurship. Dozens of years ago the industrial enterprises were belonging 60% to the people. Now 80% belong to corporates.

I've have been businessman I have contributed to create jobs I have contributed to "society" I know what real economy and business is now I'm fed up of the bankers that create booms and burst and create unstable conditions for economy for their own profit so that as I feel I'm as intelligent as them and even more I have decided that it is my best interest to come to trading. And it is for the same interest that many come also. The difference is that I will return the money back to real economy and really distressed people. I hate to talk about donations to fundations and stuffs like that because many are just hype and tax evasion but I will do something and silently because I don't like hype ( btw don't give to the red cross there are some financial scandals there).

Now I won't advise anyone to do the thing if they are not sufficiently prepared to do so.

#48     May 7, 2004
  9. omcate

omcate