The theory of evolution doesn't kill people, people who believe it do.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fhl, Mar 26, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

i stand corrected. since you voted for obama, you probably "pal" around with terrorists, just like he does.

#11     Mar 26, 2009
  2. i know what you are up to but i am sorry i dont have time to play the "debate with an ignorant creationist"game today. maybe tomorrow. in the meantime you could go listen to this so you are better equipted to defend what your primitive book leads you to believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJX68ELbAY&feature=related

#12     Mar 26, 2009
  3. religion teaches that life is cheap it's only the soul that matters, and that's a crock of shit. :mad:

#13     Mar 26, 2009
  4. It's pretty clear at this point in history that nothing is responsible for more butchery, heartache, murder and tragedy as the belief in God.

#14     Mar 26, 2009
  5. One person who believes in evolution and can justify killing innocent people because we came from 'slime' doesn't speak for everyone. I'd say he only speaks for himself...

#15     Mar 26, 2009
  6. what's so wrong with primordial slime :confused:

personally
    i think it a very auspicious start :D

#16     Mar 26, 2009
  7. Not very Christian of you to say something like this even if you qualified it.

"Real religion is not at war with science. The Vatican is hosting a conference on Darwin this year. In July the Pope said that there is no conflict between evolution and faith."

"Darwin's theory, as Pope John Paul II once said, was "more than a hypothesis," which was his way of saying he had no quarrel with it."

#17     Mar 27, 2009
  8. Mercor

Mercor

What makes you think "bible thumpers" believe in or follow religious morals and ethics.

I think "bible thumpers" are more vain then religous. That would explain some of the behavior we see from self proclaimed religious people

#18     Mar 27, 2009
  9. MYTH: There is evidence against evolution. WRONG

FACT: There have been over 200,000 scientific peer reviewed papers written in the past century supporting evolution. So far, there is not a single piece of evidence that is counter to evolution.

Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open.
    --- Thomas Dewar

#19     Mar 27, 2009
  10. 151

AT maybe you would be well served to read that quote to yourself out loud over and over in the mirror.

Here is one for you

"Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. "
    Socrates

#20     Mar 27, 2009