The theory of evolution doesn't kill people, people who believe it do.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fhl, Mar 26, 2009.

1. fhl

fhl

Jeffrey Dahmer, one of America’s most infamous serial killers who cannibalized more than 17 boys: “If a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we died, you know, that was it, there was nothing….” (Dateline NBC, The Final Interview, Nov. 29, 1994).

2. religion doesnt kill people, people who believe it do.

Texas mother drowns children: Andrea Yates and "family values"
    By David Walsh
    2 July 2001
    The tragic and shocking case of five young children in a Houston, Texas suburb drowned by their mother, Andrea Yates, has grabbed the attention of millions of people.

While other facts will no doubt emerge, those that have already come to light paint a disturbing picture of a certain kind of American life and mentality.

Until the terrible events of June 20, Russell and Andrea Yates and their five children were the kind of family that a Ronald Reagan might have pointed to as a model for America, or that might have been paraded on the platform at a Republican national convention: responsible, professional father; “stay-at-home mom” and home-school teacher; well-scrubbed, neatly dressed, smiling children—a tribute to “traditional family values,” as envisioned by the Christian right.

3. fhl

fhl

the first potential serial killer shows up.
    any others?

4. BTK Killer and Church Board President: One and the Same?
    At Christ Lutheran Church, congregants react to the news of a serial killer's arrest.
    BY: Kansas City Star

PrintEmailShareGreat 1 2 3 4 5 Rate
    Comments (0)
    Resize - Minus Resize - Plus
    WICHITA, Kan., Feb. 28 - As members of his congregation took their seats in the sanctuary on Sunday, Pastor Michael Clark stood in the back and leaned against a wall.

He put his clasped hands to his face, closed his eyes and took a quiet moment. Within minutes, he was before the congregation of Christ Lutheran Church, beginning to guide them through what he says will be a long journey of healing.

5. are you trying to make the point that every christian would instantly turn into a killer if they were convinced by the evidence that belief in gods is nothing more than primitive superstition?

6. fhl

fhl

look, I've already counted you once. do you want me to count you as two potential serial killers? you've been noticed, already!
    any others?

7. fhl

fhl

If you don't understand the word "potential", then look it up. I'm not your dictionary, pal.

8. i blew your op out of the water with two examples of people who were bible thumpers who were serial killers.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." Albert Einstein

9. somebody as deluded by superstition as you could never be my "pal"

10. fhl

fhl

my example included a statement of what the evolutionist believed. yours did not.

your examples prove nothing. not that i'm surprised. your so-called proofs of evolution are just as spurious.

#10     Mar 26, 2009