The the individual mandate is not a tax

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Says Mitt Romney

http://thehill.com/video/campaign/235855-romney-team-agrees-with-obama-mandate-not-a-tax

Romney breaks with GOP, says mandate is a penalty, not a tax

By Jonathan Easley - 07/02/12 02:47 PM ET

Mitt Romney's presidential campaign broke with congressional Republicans on Monday by arguing that the individual mandate upheld by the Supreme Court last week is a penalty, not a tax.

The majority in the court's decision ruled it constitutional because it was a tax, and Republicans in Congress since that decision have hit the White House hard for raising taxes through the new law.

But a spokesman for Romney on Monday said the former Massachusetts governor agrees with Obama that the individual mandate is a penalty or a fine, rather than a tax.

2. The GOP is still going thru the grief process, this battle is over. Time to focus on November now:)

3. You know they were ready to come into this thread in full attack mode and argue its a tax until they saw it was Romney who said it LOL !!!:D

4. http://news.yahoo.com/romney-calls-...ts-top-aide-174634430--abc-news-politics.html

Mitt Romney calls individual mandate a tax

Mitt Romney steered his campaign message back in line with other top Republicans on Wednesday, insisting that the health care law's individual mandate that requires most Americans to buy health insurance was "a tax."

"The majority of the court said it is a tax, and therefore it is a tax," Romney said in an interview with CBS Wednesday, citing the Supreme Court's health law ruling last week that the individual mandate fell under the federal government's authority to levy taxes and was therefore constitutional.

"They have spoken. There's no way around that. You can try and say you wish they had decided a different way, but they didn't."

Romney's comments came days after senior adviser Eric Fehrnstrom rejected the notion that the individual mandate imposed a "tax," saying instead that it was a "penalty."

"The governor believes that what we put in place in Massachusetts was a penalty, and he disagrees with the court's ruling that the mandate was a tax," Fehrnstrom said in an interview on MSNBC's Daily Rundown Monday.

Romney, who contradicted Fehrnstrom's comments today, picked up a line of attack that many of his fellow Republicans had already launched at the president after the Supreme Court's ruling.

"The American people know President Obama has broken the pledge he made," Romney told CBS. "He said he wouldn't raise taxes on middle-Americans. Not only did he raise the $500 billion that was already in the bill, it's now clear that his mandate, as described by the Supreme Court, is a tax."

5. As you can see, they have not come. They know that Obama copied and pasted Mittencare and now they cannot deal with that.:D

6. keep me updated on Project November.:mad:.

7. Align w/gays!

No more don't ask don't tell.

We corrupted the current generation and we OWN the next one as well.

Our perverted peaceful planned overthrow is right on schedule!

Hey; any hot guys in here that wanna party with me on the lake?

:D You know, just hang out. Perhaps you can earn a day's pay after your trading losses today, no?

I can probably put you to work~~and you would be glad to work for a dominating taskmaster such as I am. You would be MORE than satisfied--more than satisified.

Please text my lifestyle slaves for more details (they are on call).

Superfly just keeps Winning!!!! For the blacks! For the gays!

Make way in 12 years for the prophesized UBER-GAY Latino Male POTUS in 2024; with a all the way GAY political agenda.

I weep for you old fuckers when that happens. I bet there will be steam shooting out of your assholes and ears and you'll all basically have a conniption from the utter faggotry and fuckery of it all.

It will be glorious!! Just embrace it.

Obama shoots from the 3pt line--Swish~~~~~

He owns {reverse slavery} you white bitches!!

And apparently that 'cracker' supreme court justice dude too, eh?

Who is your daddy you white repressed narrow-ass confined/closeted hatin' men?

The 'Ascetic-One' Vice Chancellor Cardinal Hedvig Von HOMO DIKKeman XII

8. BSAM

BSAM

Flip-flop flip-flop flip-flop.

Brother AK, you better count your lucky stars and be thankful that Obama isn't running against a conservative.

9. Yes, even Republicans didn't want Romney. Pretty funny. Just the ABO Obama haters praying for a miracle.

10. Then again, when you cheer for neither team, you can call it as you see it...which also means that I haven't spent the last two years of my life spamming this forum with any pro-Obama spin that I can latch onto...

It's pretty pathetic that you are basically cheerleading this country into the toilet. Left or right, it doesn't matter.

#10     Jul 5, 2012