The Taxes Are Coming, The Taxes Are Coming

Discussion in 'Economics' started by pspr, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Admitting such a mistake would be political suicide. Obama may be a bad president but he is not stupid.

#41     Jul 22, 2010
  2. Stok

Stok

3. zdreg

zdreg

not sure that is requirement since we have had minor runs on the $US in the past. but in my view the day is coming when the dollar will be at best one of the reserve currencies. at worst it will be almost the equivalent of the Zimbabwe $.

#43     Jul 22, 2010
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm...Ever heard of Sam Walton?

As to a level playing field, do you think that local, state, and federal officials and agency heads are not influenced by the rich?

And yes, there will always be rich people and poor people. It's a jungle out here, huh?

Hard working people don't always get ahead. In fact, today, they usually don't because of what you say: government meddling. Many times the lazy do get ahead because of this combination of rich influence and government meddling.

Ever try to get a business up and running? Nearly impossible to have anything left after you appease all the government agency rules and regulations. When was the last time you bought something made in America, other than some food??? Now take China for example.....

#44     Jul 22, 2010
  5. zdreg

zdreg

#45     Jul 22, 2010
  6. No doubt the rise of Asia will eventually shake up the reserve currency scene. But Zimbabwe? You're on your own on that one...

#46     Jul 22, 2010
  7. The basic fact is that there are two ways to create jobs. Rich people or government. Poor people do not create jobs and never will. So would you rather level the playing field and have the government control jobs? Or allow rich people to create jobs, making themselves more rich in the process, but also creating wealth for poor people via employment.

#47     Jul 22, 2010
  8. TheMan

TheMan

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#48     Jul 22, 2010
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Take those blinders off man. I don't want government doing anything except what is necessary. I'm kinda like a Libertarian/Independentt/Real Republican.

Your belief is that leveling the playing field means government takeover/control. Consider the difference between the phrases "level playing field" and "leveling the playing field". I've already told you that there isn't a "level playing field" because of the rich people controlling everything via control/influence over local, state, and federal governments/agencies.

If there was a "level playing field", the poor man wouldn't need the rich man.

Perhaps your apparent youth has poisened your mindset to the point that you believe only a rich person or the government is the only way to create jobs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Ironically though, today that is just about correct. However, millions of poor people have become comfortably wealthy in this country because in times past, business was much easier to start up and maintain than today. Why? Because of your phrase: Government meddling.

Do you not understand that people don't need government to tell them how to take every breath in life???

Yes, let's "level the playing field" by giving Americans back their freedom. Freedom to to run their lives, freedom to create and operate businesses, freedom to understand and pay their reasonable share of taxes, freedom to expand for the benefit of their families and employees; not for the benefit of the government. Ooooh weee....Yeah let's "level the playing field"!!!

Take a walk across this country and see how many poor people have created jobs. But, today it is getting more and more difficult. I seriously doubt that Sam Walton, Ray Kroc, Dave Thomas, Ross Perot, Bill Gates, and many other "poor people" could reproduce what they did and what they brought to this country when they began many years ago.

But, those are just a few names you've heard of (maybe) because of their huge success and fame. There's people scattered all over the country who started with almost nothing and made themselves and many others happy and comfortable. Today, it's becoming much, much more difficult.

Let's level the playing field so that more poor people can get ahead.

"Poor people do not create jobs and never will"??? I got to go so I can go laugh my ass off.

#49     Jul 22, 2010
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Bit of correction. The Government doesn't create jobs. They confiscate wealth that if otherwise left in the private sector, would create more jobs when spent. For every dollar collected in taxes, 30 cents is destroyed through bureaucratic inefficiency and waste. So Government, beyond a certain theoretical size, actually destroys jobs. America, and most G20 countries, are well beyond that point. The more Government regulates and nationalizes industry, the more jobs are destroyed (or costs go up). Healthcare is a good example. Cap-and-Trade would devastate the Energy sector and the broader economy. In Spain, for every Green energy job created, two were destroyed in traditional oil and gas. Spains green initiative is the exact blueprint Obama wants to pass in America. To chalk that up to nothing more than ignorant bravado, nope. These guys know what they're doing.

#50     Jul 22, 2010