The TARP program, and others, show why equity bears will ALWAYS fail!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wilburbear, Oct 19, 2009.

1. 30 year bond at 4.2% is joke, I can think a reason that demand for oil is strong in Asia. When I got my driver licensee first, I didn't care how expensive of gasoline was, i would like to drive my car for no good reason, other than for fun of it. I bet lot of Chinese is getting the same feeling when they are in a driver seat. Car sale in China will probably surpass US this year, which is unthinkable last year.

#11     Oct 19, 2009
  2. the only thing that is certain in the market, is that after the fact, someone will be saying 'i told you so' whether they really did or not

after the tech crash, there was no market recovery like this one - not even close

yet, this time, the nasdaq recovered a great deal of it almost immediately

how could anyone really have predicted that?

(and coming in after the fact doesnt count)

#12     Oct 19, 2009
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Value75.25 Change-0.345 % Change-0.456

Waiting patiently for the worthless dollar to make a brand new low, will see how the market handles that one.

:eek:

#13     Oct 19, 2009
  4. Why the fuck did you have to bring this up now you dumbass? If you said this 3 months ago, let alone 6 months ago, you would be elevated to the guru status by now. But, unfortunately, you're just another jackass with 20/20 hindsight who's waiting to be buried six feet under.

#14     Oct 19, 2009
  5. The government has demonstrated they will not allow the financial system to fail, no matter what the cost.

And they have said as much, when they state they will "FORCEFULLY" use "ALL the tools at our disposal" to insure financial stability.

Still don't get it?

Who thought 18 months ago they'd be paying their neighbor's mortgage? Pitching in for your neighbor's car?

I disagree with some of this stuff as much as the next guy, but don't BOTH pay your neighbor's mortgage, AND get slaughtered being short the market.

Any rule can (and WILL!) change at any time, in order to keep the bull running!

Pull back to the view from 50,000 feet.

The government has changed so many of the rules (many of them NOT reviewable in a court of law!), that when the next crisis occurs there will be no more than 5 minutes of consideration given to leaving the tools on the table that have ALREADY worked in the past!

NO ONE can impede the Fed and Treasury together, and turn the bears into magical winners.

#15     Oct 19, 2009
  6. squid pro

squid pro

I thought name calling is not allowed?

#16     Oct 19, 2009
  7. Obama off to Wall street tonight for fund raiser.

I don't agree, or disagree with this move, BUT, the fix is still in!

ON THE LONG SIDE!

#17     Oct 20, 2009
  8. Here comes the end of the day HAL9000 ramp up!

#18     Oct 20, 2009
  9. No, TARP, Treasury, FED show how crooked US government has become.

***Wealth redistribution.
    ***They want people to spend all their money to prop things up.
    ***They tax & rob those who work hard & actually *save*!
    ***Preach to other countries to consume more (great idea!).

Why don't these fucking morons impose a 20% VAT (consumption) tax to reduce consumption & imports, INSTEAD?

Why didn't they do this 10 years ago?

#19     Oct 20, 2009
  10. Many people are unhappy about the current condition of our financial system.

Why?

Because the gov't. is DETERMINED to prop up the markets.

Don't take that information and be BEARISH.

Doesn't make sense!

#20     Oct 20, 2009