The Tao of Publias II

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Publias, Aug 21, 2002.

1. "Revenge is the sweetest pleasure next to gettin' pussy" ~ 2Pac

Vengeance! .. ooh yeah!

#41     Aug 27, 2002
  2. Some scientists today, like Stephen Hawking and other visionaries throughout human time, looked at reality (the universe) as a MIND, like a cosmic consciousness, they were thinking, looking and feeling reality holographically. That We are in and We are a hologram.
    Lets take M.C. Escher; Hand with Reflecting Sphere, for example, what if the Sphere symbolized the true reality and not just a reflection of realty. That the Sphere is the MIND, the holographic universe. What could that mean???
    Maybe “ Think outside the Box”, the Box being reality, would be a impossibility, even if you are thinking outside the box, you are still in the Box, there is No Outside.
    Words will NOT create reality, reality has created words through Us (human mind).
    Also what if trading was not out there at all, that is just a reflection, of some cosmic action of the MIND UNIVERSE , happening deep within the holographic YOU!
    Our word universe is a very small part of the MIND UNIVERSE!
    Yet that does not mean less important. Words may keep the human universe alive, to survive another day. And maybe it’s the “day traders” that keep the fabric of reality from being torn apart. Who Knows?
    Joseph

#42     Aug 27, 2002
  3. Publias

Publias Guest

Yes my friend but sadly :( he is no longer with us...

Why you gotta go accentuate the wisdom in the post by using my boy huh?

#43     Aug 27, 2002

4. QM suggests the possibility that the universe is entirely composed of thought. The question is, whose thought?

I close my eyes and imagine a world of little purple people on a little purple planet in a little purple galaxy. If I concentrate I can see their towns, their cities, their fields, their oceans...if I zoom in close I can see them in day to day life- the buttons on their shirts, the steam rising from their tea, their mental discovery processes and their twin heartbeats.

The accuracy and continuity of this little purple world are limited only by the power of my imagination and my ability to sustain concentration. It is only my mind that limits my mental creation. And of course, if I lose focus the world blinks out of existence. As soon as I turn my thoughts to other things, the people cease to exist. If turn away my thoughts from the purple forest, the purple trees simply cease to be.

Now: what if I were infinitely intelligent, infinitely creative and could sustain my concentration indefinitely? I could flesh out that world to the point of completion. I could imagine every aspect on every scale and compose a set of rules as to how the laws of reality on that world would work. I could create and maintain systems of everything, right down to the smallest particles. And when those little purple people conducted sophisticated experiments and examined the smallest particles, they would be shocked and amazed to realize: 'why, our entire world is made of nothing but thought!'

I can't conceive and sustain a fully formed world like that, of course, because I am just a man. But what if I am just a fractal piece of the one who created me? What if I reflect him on an infinitely smaller scale, like the image reflected in a piece of volcanic glass laying on the ground? Can thinker = creator?

The thinker has a name.

#44     Aug 27, 2002
  5. Publias

Publias Guest

Uncle,

That was almost eactly what I was pointing at when I said "The real question is if you annihilate humans do you annihilate everything else???

Dark says no but he can't prove it being that it is an inductive statement, I mean the only way to prove it would be to wipe us out and then who be here to know :) Of course I would never affirm or deny something so specualtive but it sure is fun to wrap your mind around it everyonce in a while...

About the thinking outside the box, Dark was right on with that, but then there again you have the limit of words... As soon as you identify an "outside box" you affirm an "inside box" and then there you are stuck in the dualistic mode of thought... Cartesian Dualism... Thinking outside the box would be like biting your own teeth or seeing your own eye... Can't get outside it because you are it...

Nothing like a chat about the fabric of reality on a slow doldrums seesion in August...

PEACE and good painting Uncle,
    Publias

#45     Aug 27, 2002

6. Hahah! LOL!
    YOUR creativity knows no bounds!

Keep telling yourself that stuff, I guess it helps you sleep easier. :)

#46     Aug 27, 2002
  7. Publias

Publias Guest

Dan,

PLEASE! do not start and get this one all off track too...

#47     Aug 27, 2002

8. Indeed, but I have no necessity of proving it to someone else any more than a successful trader need prove his ability to a random walker- his own validation is all the proof he needs....

#48     Aug 27, 2002

9. I agree with Publias here.

I didn't mean to cause a ruckus.

Dan we all know you think I'm stupid for believing in God, how about we bury that old bone.

#49     Aug 27, 2002
  10. Publias

Publias Guest

I agree... there is truth that goes beyond the mind :) "absolute knowledge"...

PEACE and good trading Dark,
    Publias

Thankyou DarkHorse for not getting in verbal spew with him... and you did not cause ruckus at all I appreciated your views as usual...

#50     Aug 27, 2002