The Tao of Publias II

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Publias, Aug 21, 2002.

1. do you really find all this useless verbiage usefull? I mean get real man, what are you, a nun?

note to baron: is it possible to put entire threads on ignore so we don't have to see them popping up everytime they are updated with spewage?

this would be nice, that way I wouldn't have to maintain a long list of threads that suck.

#11     Aug 22, 2002
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Thats why the world is a beautiful place; We are all different. What some may consider to be garbage others may consider to be gold.

There is a much easier way not to read this thread....just dont come in....

#12     Aug 22, 2002
  3. Publias

Publias Guest

No permabull not a nun a monk :D

There is an ignore function as you know and I can assure you it wont hurt my feelings :)

PEACE and good trading,
    Publias

#13     Aug 22, 2002
  4. Cesko

Cesko

It's very useful for any competetive endeavor. It's less useful for most 9-5 jobs.

#14     Aug 22, 2002
  5. Publias

Publias Guest

Permabull actually raises a good question... Are words useful?

To me these words are useless, but they can be useful to someone who has not yet "grasped" the things I speak of. I am pointing at something that goes beyond words. They are useful only to convey ideas, but once the idea has been "grasped" the words are ultimately meaningless. It is kinda like putting legs on a snake; unnecessary!

Just like a finger is needed to point at the moon, words are needed to point at the "______", but once the "_____" has been recognized it is useless to trouble ones self with the words/finger.

Like Chuang Tzu say; "Fishing baskets are employed to catch fish; but when the fish are "got" men forget the baskets."

Always keep in mind this one simple thing when you are reading this thread, the words I speak are not the "_____"! The "____" will always go beyond words and conceptualization... I am just pointing a finger :)

Like Korzybski say; "The map is not the territory"

PEACE and good trading,
    Publias

#15     Aug 22, 2002
  6. publias,

great to see you back, my brother. was the art you posted your own ?? it is wonderful !

best,

su r f :cool:

#16     Aug 22, 2002
  7. Publias

Publias Guest

Hey thanks MS! No actually that art is my uncles :)
    He made the post above under the login JoeInverso...

Being a BIG fan of Lewis Carrol I am in love with the picture!
    The title is named "Alice"... he has a website also, if you would like to check out some of his other stuff let me know and I will PM you the link...

PEACE and good trading my brother,
    Publias

BTW; After I saw you recomend Capra I suggested "The Dancing Wu-Li Masters" have you ever read it??

#17     Aug 22, 2002
  8. greetings,

yes, i would like very much to see more of your uncle's art. i have a small collection of modern pieces. yeah, lewis carroll--one of the first psychadelic authors to gain mass acceptance. i have a unique musician friend, who is also a trader, who did a multi CD set based on carroll's work. www.swingingaxe.com. its certainly not for everyone.

best,

surf:cool:

#18     Aug 23, 2002
  9. publias,

gave you a worng link to my friends musical adaptation of lewios carroll. correct one is www.disquiet.com/greifalice.html . no, i have not read the dancing wu lu master but plan to. thanks for the suggestion.

best,

surf:cool:

#19     Aug 23, 2002
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

Are words useful?????

If you want to get your point across; yes. It is much easier than banging your hands on your chest...

#20     Aug 23, 2002