The Tao of Publias II

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Publias, Aug 21, 2002.

1. "When jarred, unavoidably, by circumstances, revert at once to yourself, and don't lose rythm more than you can help. You'll have a better grasp of the harmony if you keep going back to it..."
    verse 11, book 6, Meditations

~Marcus Aurelius~

#101     Feb 8, 2003

2. someone who is not content being hungry will not be content being fed?

#102     Feb 8, 2003
  3. For a time perhaps, but to see the big picture is to see that he is just eating inorder to survive to be hungry once more...

ps - incase you are still stuck on your 'perpetual ball bust mode' after reading this post - the food i speak of above is nothing more than an analogy for our condition - so don't take it too literally :)

#103     Feb 8, 2003
  4. ok, try

"someone who is not content having an uncertain and irregular food supply, will not be content having a certain and regular food supply"

BZZZZT

wrongo, socrates ole chum!

ps - yep, still stuck in that "perpetual search for clarity mode"... :D

#104     Feb 8, 2003
  5. :D

Personaly I'm not annoyed. On the contrary I am very amused to see that it is in trading that people feel like questioning themselves. If they could also do the same for the TRUE life itself :)

#105     Feb 8, 2003
  6. As we were paddling along on the Colorado river, my dad said...Son, don't ever think we have mastered this river... this river allows us to earn a living from her.. but never forget that she can turn on us in a heartbeat and everything we have built up will be gone... always have a healthy respect the river, son.

Every trading day..I tell myself the same thing..I just drop in the word market for river.

#106     Feb 25, 2003