The Tao of Minimalistic Trading: $300 Daily Profit

Discussion in 'Journals' started by schizo, Dec 4, 2015.

1. schiz, I think you can do it!

Should we assume all your stops in the range of b/w -1.50 and -4, or thereabouts? And your targets too?

#41     Dec 7, 2015
  2. schizo

schizo

Long 69

#42     Dec 7, 2015
  3. schizo

schizo

Stopped out 67.50

Out -6 for the day and signing out. :(

#43     Dec 7, 2015
  4. why? your stated goal is 6 points per day. you said nothing about being down 6 calling it its for the day did you?

this PA is awesome volatility ...

i'm not saying don't quit today, that's your decision only. but heck we got 4 hrs to close!

#44     Dec 7, 2015
  5. schizo

schizo

Max loss on any given trade is 3.
    Either 6 up or 6 down.

Yeah, I misread the trend. Would have been great had I just rode the trend down from the beginning. Oh, well. Another day awaits.

#45     Dec 7, 2015
  6. schiz, you only had what 3 SMALL loosing trades on a day like today, and 1 winner?

You got the cobwebs dusted off, sleepys out your eyes now your ready for afternoon session!:cool:

#46     Dec 7, 2015
  7. Q3D

Q3D

The daily loss limit is a good idea, from personal experience 6 points lost on the ES can grow exponentially if one continues trading the whole day after losses.

#47     Dec 7, 2015
  8. True. schiz is a seasoned trader.

But if 6 up or 6 down is the definition of his strategy on this thread, i respect that. i just didn't see that stated anywhere..hence my confusion

#48     Dec 7, 2015
  9. Just remember that you had +6 points one day and then -6 points the next day for $0 gross but a loss when commissions are factored in. Assume tomorrow you make 6 points, then after three days you really only averaged 2 points so far.

Day 4 you make 6 points and Day 5 you lose 6 points, well now after 5 days you have averaged 1.2 points.

Do you see the point people are making here? If you stay fixed at 6 points a day up or down then over time you will not average 6 points a day. Even if you make 6 points a day for 10 straight days and then lose 6 points the 11th day you average drops below 5.

All of this assumes no costs.

So there is A HUGE difference between making 6 points any given day and AVERAGING 6 points a day over a month's time. You can easily do the former on any given day but your system can NEVER average 6 points a day over a month because of your limitations.

#49     Dec 7, 2015
    K-Pia and d08 like this.
  10. schizo

schizo

Ya talk like there's no tomorrow. Sorry, I'm going back to sleep. You're right, I'm sleep-deprived.

It sure feels like I'm back to my noob years. Feels damn weird. o_O:)

#50     Dec 7, 2015