The Tao of Minimalistic Trading: $300 Daily Profit

Discussion in 'Journals' started by schizo, Dec 4, 2015.

1. DDR

DDR

schizo
    don't know why you started this thread ?
    then to post trades ?
    if you have real experience you wouldn't be playing these games !

#21     Dec 4, 2015
  2. I know that this might be considered out of place, but why not 2 contracts...trail the runner and let that work towards a more significant $ goal...as others have said, those good days (especially with a "blind" runner) could really add up...

#22     Dec 4, 2015
  3. schizo

schizo

1) don't know why you started this thread ?
    My answer is, why not? Other traders say that those who trade small account don't know how to trade and that it's nearly impossible to consistently capture 6 points day in and day out. Well, I plan to prove them wrong.

2) then to post trades ?
    What is it about my trades do you find so problematic? I've been actively posting my trades on the ES Journal since 2006. So this ain't anything new. I post both my winners and losers for everyone to see, which keeps me in line. If I veer off course, I can count on others to get my ass back in check.

3) if you have real experience you wouldn't be playing these games !
    What game are you referring to? If I had read experience, why would I not post my trades? I think it's important to note that while other people prefer to post their trade blotter, posting trades in real time has always been my preferred method of choice. Since each trade is time-stamped, there's no way to fudge the number. Trade blotters, on the other hand, are questionable to say the least. Plus, trade blotters only show how much one has made but no indication about where the trades were entered or exited. So the main purpose of these blotters is to only stoke the ego of the poster but serving no benefit to the reader.

4) So do I have the experience? I'll let the trades speak for themselves. Am I playing a game? I'll let others to speak on my behalf. If that sounded too condescending, you have my apology. My hope is that this thread is more educational than entertaining.

#23     Dec 4, 2015
    SkyChef, VPhantom and Stewie like this.
  4. d08

d08

I do keep an eye on the ES but don't share your opinion. On certain days the 10 points is close to impossible realistically to do, on other days you'd be done after the first half hour. I really don't know why you are constraining your trading this way, in theory it might sound nice but in practice it's a terrible idea.

#24     Dec 5, 2015

5. This is fine in theory.
    In practice , if the person can do 300$ easily, greed will pop in, and the person at one moment will aim for much more.
    One experiment is to set such a target, and determine how many days till the trader wants more.

#25     Dec 5, 2015
  6. Q3D

Q3D

7. Buck

Buck

im more of a swing trader. anything form a day to a week targeting 50pts. scalping for me is 10-15pts. i take entries based on my algo system signals which gives me targets and stops in case it fails. i used to scalp back in the day and found it too hard and stressful to try and string 3-4 scalp trades together for 3pts. usually end up giving half or more back
    also use EMAs in conjunction with my algos

#28     Dec 5, 2015
  8. How abut this one:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/et/index...ing-advice-for-aspiring-traders.289483/page-7

#29     Dec 5, 2015
  9. Q3D

Q3D

That's a start. It could be a conclusion also if that's the only thing you can find to link from the post-HFT retail-trader graveyard.

#30     Dec 5, 2015