The t-shirt work-out

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by iccenuol, Jan 26, 2019.

1. iccenuol

iccenuol

tshirt.png

For all you guys who wanna better t-shirt look in the summer...

The science: as a species you have a primordial instinct to pick-up on aspects of other humans, body shape being one of them. You do this at a subconscious level, you don't even know you're doing it.

So if we look at the above diagram, imagine a line running up the left arm, across the shoulder area, then running back down the right arm. This is the male outline, you may need to improve this.

Forearms, biceps, delts and traps.

1. Shoulder press
    2. upright rows
    3. barbell curl
    4. dumbbell shrugs

You can either split this or do it all in one. Just do it before summer!

2. TRS

TRS

Nice. My suggestion:
    1.Weighted Dips
    2.Upright Barbell Rows (shoulder width)*
    3.Weighted Pull ups
    4.Bent Over Rows
    5. Weighted Close Grip chins.

*Upright Rows for pull exercise but given bad rep they get can be switched out for Over Head Press.

3. iccenuol

iccenuol

Hi TRS. There are different exercises that target the specific areas. Just wanted to keep it simple for those who may not do any weight training. Personally I prefer chins rather than bicep curls, it's just that some people may find chins/pull-ups a bit too strenuous at first. Thanks!

4. TRS

TRS

Hi Iccenuol. Agreed on the chins. I hit all muscle groups twice weekly via compounds, so every third workout ( or by discretion ) I'll throw in bicep curls for isolation.
    Anyone that follows your workout plan WILL look much better in a t-shirt this summer...

5. If your goal is to look good in a t-shirt, Traps make everything look bigger.

Basic push ups, close grip pushups, curls, and shrugs
    Then shrink your cotton t-shirts in the dryer and you’ll look fine lol
    Good luck

iccenuol likes this.
  6. TRS

TRS

:D

7. That body shape is even more emphasized if you have a small waist. It will make the shoulder width look larger.

8. You guys are basically talking about an upper body workout. Ignore the pins at your peril.

9. Just to put a finer point on it, it is narrow hips that accentuate shoulder width, and there is a genetic component there. But, yeah, the waist should always be trim regardless of frame.

DTB2 likes this.
  10. iccenuol

iccenuol

https://www.myhormonology.com/learn/male-hormone-cycle/

For any beginners interested in arguably the best leg/frame strengthening exercise there is...a good old morning squat routine should hit the spot. Morning workouts are in line with the daily male hormone cycle:thumbsup:

Clubber - You're absolutely spot on about the t-shirt sizes:D

#10     Jan 27, 2019
    Clubber Lang likes this.