The system trader's prayer

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Georgii, May 13, 2009.

1. Georgii

Georgii

Those of you who were in the marines or saw Full Metal Jacket might find my concoction amusing:

This is my trading system. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my system is useless. Without my system, I am useless.

I must trade my system true. I must trade it better than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must take his trade before he takes mine. I will. My system and I know that what counts in trading is not the amount of trades we make, the upside we aim for, or the charts we watch. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.

My system is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its indicators, and its accuracy. I will keep my system ready for this market, even as I am ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My system and I are the defenders of my account. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until the profits are all ours and there is no enemy.

2. lindq

lindq

When I was in the Navy, I found jarheads like you amusing.

Especially in the North Atlantic in 75 foot seas when you guys spent the day puking in your bunks.

3. Semper Fi :D

4. Your ideas will serve you well going into trading battle. Systemic and strategic approaches are much over-rated as you say; stick to astrology-- it's worked for thousands of years.
    :D