The Swiss mini gun

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Optionpro007, Aug 16, 2006.

1. aren't six bullets something to consider?

#11     Aug 17, 2006
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

If I try to commit suicide with this gun and fail, can I sue the company??

But I love the size, it is perfect for small children....

#12     Aug 17, 2006
  3. A few notes on stopping power:

Also worth noting they want roughly ~$7000 for the things and $10/round for the ammo. They also have a godawful gold and diamond version that looks like shit, but apparently comes with a rocket launcher attachment that launches "luminous rockets".

#13     Sep 2, 2008
  4. this gun is not lethal unless inserted in the eye or ear canal..... it will break the skin but is unable to travel deep enough to reach vital organs..... unless its a young child.

For comparison, an average air rifle has about the same power. high end models even more so.

I used to have an air rifle that could shoot a pellet through 2" of wood... or old truck body panels

#14     Sep 2, 2008
  5. #15     Sep 2, 2008
  6. hughb

hughb

I was shot in the ankle with an air rifle when I was a child, through a thick leather boot. It hit a nerve so hard that it caused my arms to involuntarily lift in the air and I fell foward to the ground, (i was shot from behind by a friend goofing off). I had to limp home and I still have a good sized scar down there to this day.

#16     Sep 2, 2008
  7. Yeah, depending on the type, they can do some damage. I used to have a Crossman pump-up BB gun with a 6x scope, when I was a kid. Pumping past the max of 10 pumps could put a BB thru 1/2" plywood.

#17     Sep 2, 2008
  8. bb gun is not the same as air rifle.

bbs hurt.... but pellets penetrate

i once shot a rabbit in the head at point blank range with highly pumped bb gun....
    **POW** right in the forehead of the bunny.... not even a scratch.... bunny was unhurt. compared to when a shot a rabbit with air rifle.... pellet entered the head and exited through the hind quarters. rabbit died instantly.

note..... when i was a kid , we used to raise chickens and rabbits in the back yard to eat.

(chickens were choked ... not shot)

#18     Sep 2, 2008
  9. If somebody shoots me with that little gun and I find out about it I'll be ticked off.......

#19     Sep 2, 2008
  10. It doesn't sound like much, but what about sectional density at close range?

#20     Sep 3, 2008