the surf report--part 2

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the selling is accelerating at this time in the DJIA complex. holding shorts.

shorts entered in eur.usd pair in antcipation of dollar strength very soon. 1.2097.

surfer

#61     Oct 25, 2005
  2. Choad

Choad

Good luck Surfy. :)

I'm getting a few more dip candidates today! :D

#62     Oct 25, 2005
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Dave, please tell me that you used yesterday's dip and got ride of your short position. That would have been a 30+ points loss, compared to the 110+ or so right now as the futures are gaping up...

#63     Oct 26, 2005
  4. no, P, i am holding short. holding DJIA shorts into the open today, expecting retrace of tuesday's move within next several days.

short DJIA

long USDollar

best,

surfer :)

#64     Oct 26, 2005
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Looks like your patience is paying off. Dow is down by 40 points.

There was a quick reversal of the premarket futures when YMs dropped by 40+ points and I can't seem to find the cause of it. Do you know what happened?

#65     Oct 26, 2005
  6. Hi Dave,Looks like today dow touched upper channel line and fell back.

#66     Oct 26, 2005
  7. This post is rather long but I didn't want anyone to suffer scrolling back to check the posts but if you want you can verify them. Over the years I have seen Surf slam some well intentioned individuals just because he could. After reading this entire thread (up to current) anyone with much sense about them would avoid his picks or suggestions like bird flu.

His only saving grace is his short call on the QM (Mini Crude) and I hope he is paying attention to 59.125 as a potential cover target or he might be giving some of his profits back there as well.

Oh, welcome back Surf, looking forward to your typical unnecessarry harassment of the masses. I felt I needed to welcome you back properly by putting everything in proper prospective right up front. :D :D

Charlie (someone you really pissed off in NY) Dow

SURF ALERT (10/14/05 page 3):

the potential for a substantial down move in the US equity indexes is very real for monday october 17th. holding shorts into Monday

Real Outcome: New 7 business day high established in Mini’s

SURF ALERT (10/14/05 page 4):

the potential for a "black monday" is in play. we shall see.

surfer

Real Outcome: 10178, the last bottom on the mini from 10/13 is still holding on 10/26

SURF ALERT (10/18/05 page 7):
    going out on a limb here--- DJIA < =10,000 prior to > 10500.

we will see !

holding shorts.

surfer
    Real Outcome: Mini Dow has hit 10456 and is now consolidating between 10448 & 10334. Did hit 10245 in the pre-market on the 19th.

SURF ALERT (10/18/05 page 7):
    what a surprise today! the system has us long and strong from 10359. holding long into thursday.

surfer

Real Outcome: "The Surprise" Murf the Surf was correct. I guess even a blind Gann squirrel will find a nut once in a while.

SURF ALERT (10/20,21 & 23/05 page 8):

OK, DJIA channel nailed---10293—10427
    . . . shorts fired. short DJIA here.
    . . . decision made to hold shorts thru morning volatility.
    . . . holding DJIA shorts into monday morning.

Real Outcome: Entered while bottoming then turned a winner into an immediate loser Monday morning.

SURF ALERT (10/24/05 page 9):

continuing to hold shorts at this time, despite adverse excursion.

Real Outcome: Turned potential winner into a loser then a major loser

SURF ALERT (10/24 & 25/05 page 10):

yes, i made the decision to stay short and am curently down 86 points in the DJIA. i am holding short into Tuesday

. . . holding DJIA shorts here. the potential exists for a complete retrace over the next several days. staying short for now.

Real Outcome: More pain before a 70 point pullback

SURF ALERT (10/26/05 page 11):

. . . i am holding short. holding DJIA shorts into the open today, expecting retrace of tuesday's move within next several days. short DJIA

Real Outcome: Emini Dow takes out last top by 20 points (Surf upside down about 120 points at peak)

#67     Oct 26, 2005
  8. VictorS

VictorS

Charlie, is it fair to expose and interrupt someone on their own thread? Surely, Surfer would never partake in such conduct.

#68     Oct 26, 2005
  9. LMAO.. do I detect a hint of sarcasm? :p

#69     Oct 26, 2005
  10. Charlie,

A savvy trader would take the information and turn it to his advantage. Have you considered that market surfer might be the ultimate market sentiment indicator. That perhaps the best trade might be to fade his positions? Especially when he starts talking about unfavorable excursion, continuing to hold position. (Translation, this is a big loser and I can't take it so I will now become an investor)

Don't get angry, learn to use information to your advantage.

Just a bit of advice from this humble trader!

#70     Oct 26, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.