the surf report--part 2

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. man, cramer with a megaphone? scary thought!

surfer

#21     Oct 14, 2005
  2. surf,

you're back! and no longer in disguise!

good to have you again.

#22     Oct 14, 2005
  3. Babak

Babak

The "potential" is always there for anything. Probability is what matters and what we should focus on. Right now, IMHO the probability of the mkt going up is higher here than it going down.

#23     Oct 14, 2005

4. hello my brother,

was in NYC wednesday, sorry i missed you. its still in the works--got sidetracked--- happy to see you are well.

best,

surfer

#24     Oct 14, 2005

5. correct and not correct. my studies indicate that the probability is higher for a nice drop monday--- but you are totally correct, one really never knows untill after the fact.

surf:)

#25     Oct 14, 2005
  6. doublea

doublea

My studies indicate the same too. I think the market might start strong just as a follow through to today's action but the sellers will come out strong. The last 8 out of 9 days were down, so every one was expecting some type of bounce. I had tightened my stops on my short positions and got stopped out today.

I did go back and looked at previous bottoms and none of the bottoms were formed when the bonds were tanking. There was almost 5X more new lows than new highs in NYSE and almost 3X in Nasdaq. This sure doesn't look like a bottom to me. I guess only time will tell but I'll short ES on Monday morning with a stop around 1205.

#26     Oct 14, 2005

7. i remember this syndrome. surfer, enters the market based on his studies rather than his system and we see him within the midsts of a 5% index drawdown!

good thing about your journal, we can see how biases negatively correlate to system returns
    :)

how educational

#27     Oct 17, 2005
  8. holding system shorts here in DJIA.

surfer

#28     Oct 17, 2005
  9. maintaining short bias here into tuesday. system remains short the DJIA.

surfer

#29     Oct 17, 2005
  10. ibm +1.5 ah. they are in the dow. more pain tomorrow.

#30     Oct 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.