The Surf Report--part 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I am not a guru, seer, wizard, uri geller or nostosdamus. Just a humble trader/writer/marketer--- I make plenty of mistakes trading, sorry to diss apoint you.

With this said, remaining confident in ES long position, should be nicely in profits by Wednesday. holding QM short oil. March contracts
    surf

#51     Mar 7, 2011
    VPhantom likes this.
  2. Would that not be an argument to limit exposure during periods of adversity? To the extent, of course, that capital preservation factors at all into your equation.

For someone who doesn't believe in buy-and-hold into oblivion, buy-and-add in such circumstances certainly sounds rather counterintuitive:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2532087&highlight=buy+and+hold#post2532087

#52     Mar 7, 2011

3. You simply not understanding. Position sizing is what protects you from adversity, NOT running up the VIG by trading in and out of over leverage positions that you can not maintain when market goes against you. Persistance, time, and paitence is required, as timing is impossible for us mere noise traders.

#53     Mar 7, 2011
  4. Maybe so, but judging by the amount of "breathing room" you are giving your positions, I imagine that your "position sizing" will also "protect" you from capitalizing meaningfully on good moves relative to your account size. Just an observation, of course. Carry on.

#54     Mar 7, 2011
  5. Banjo

Banjo

As long as QaDAFFY's on roll both those trades will work against you. That little dust up in Libya is controlling worlds markets now.

#55     Mar 7, 2011
  6. hey banjo, nice to see you again! How was the round the world sailing trip, are you still on the boat?

good point, but I believe we will see a fast temporary--at least, settling of that issue.....

Gettign squeezed here on ES long, holding QM short.

#56     Mar 7, 2011
  7. Yes, but think how much you're saving on the vig.

#57     Mar 7, 2011
  8. Holding the 3 ES contracts long into tuesday.

Holding 1 QM contract short into tuesday.

Looks like a turn around is in the works....

stay tuned:)

#58     Mar 7, 2011
  9. Some things never change....one of the best fades you will ever see over the course of time.

#59     Mar 7, 2011
  10. Entering the open underwater on both QM short and ES long.

Expecting to see green by EOD. Will manage trades based on what unfolds. If you are not long ES, short QM yet, great entry here and now for swing trade.

Let's go do what happens.

surf

#60     Mar 8, 2011