The Surf Report--part 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Just as soon as he finishes that killer "Hooked On Phonics" crash course.

And I hope it's one of those pop-up books. I just love those.

#41     Mar 7, 2011
  2. Long contract 2 @ 1323.25 ES

#42     Mar 7, 2011
  3. Will you be adding to the position any time soon, since you don't really believe in timing and have a penchant for averaging?

#43     Mar 7, 2011
  4. Surf, could you please elaborate a bit on your money management style?

#44     Mar 7, 2011
  5. Entering 3rd and final ES contract at 1311.50.

Holding QM short, one contract.

Break even is 1320.25-- taking heat but

remaining confident.

surf

#45     Mar 7, 2011
  6. Sure, I position size relative to account size in an effort to withstand substantial heat. The position size is based upon averaging 3 times since, as you know, exact timing is impossible.

#46     Mar 7, 2011
  7. Since you place little emphasis on timing, would it not make more sense to add to winners? Would not adding to losers, especially so far away from your initial entry, be akin to driving faster in the wrong direction? For someone who freely admits to not being much of a timer, you are certainly throwing yourself into the wind with wild abandon.

#47     Mar 7, 2011
  8. He trades the way he trades. If you have a better approach, start your own journal already, rather than flaming him 10 times a day...

#48     Mar 7, 2011
  9. He's quick to point out to everyone else what doesn't work, and in no uncertain terms. By asking questions and seeking clarification, I'm trying to tap into that giant pulsating brain for answers to life's mysteries. Is a journal designed only for purposes of worship? Were you kneeling when you typed your post?

#49     Mar 7, 2011
    VPhantom likes this.
  10. No, that doesn't make sense to me. anything can and does happen in the market--all we can do as "noise traders" is see reality, position size properly and have paitence.

#50     Mar 7, 2011