The Surf Report--part 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I look for that word and can not find it.

#1991     Aug 10, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Amateur! You obviously have not seen the movie "Rogue Trader".

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s219rg5wdd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You have to position yourself in an "information curve". :)

#1992     Aug 10, 2012
  3. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The news?

#1993     Aug 10, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I've already said too much.

#1994     Aug 10, 2012
  5. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? Is surf trading from the news?

#1995     Aug 10, 2012
  6. Ok Maverick, I will not ask you too many questions. :)

#1996     Aug 10, 2012
  7. Maverick, thank you for the video. :) I can not really understand too much with British English. I will watch that again with my friends!

#1997     Aug 10, 2012
  8. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

While I have no real opinion on JCP (I guess that makes me flat JCP Mav......lol), Surf tends to talk about price drivers getting him into a position before the moves....(not at the end of moves like TA guys). In this case it seems he is beyond late to the party. If his price drivers were good at recognizing a move, wouldn't they have gotten him into JCP way before? Seems to me like any price drivers went into affect a long time ago as the stock has gotten decimated. Trend following/PA guys have probably been short this one for a while.

Nick Gleeson.......great video. He was a GREAT example on a horrendous trader. Although all of us have have done the bathroom scene after a horrendous trade....

#1998     Aug 10, 2012

9. LOL, Mav! I love it, Super funny!

#1999     Aug 11, 2012
  10. dartmus

dartmus

For the final time, get a grip.

Make the changes u know u need to make. I don't know what they are but I'm certain u know. It's sad to see any train wreck accelerate but that's the nature ...of karma. And it is indeed obvious, at least to me, it's karma time.

I pressed u hard in the past but just like in the past I always have and will encourage u if I see u turning and doing something right...and imo u are no where near that. In fact, imo u are the farthest I have ever observed u...from doing the right thing.

I think others will agree with the timeliness of this note. Hopefully those who don't understand it, won't view it as prescient in hindsight.

#2000     Apr 22, 2016