The surest way to make 5k a month

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joryan, Jul 22, 2002.

1. I can show you how to make $250 a day on 25k , but I charge $50,000 up front for the info.

#41     Jul 23, 2002
  2. LeesonTrader

LeesonTrader Guest

I trade for a prop firm, and we dont need out series 7...

#42     Jul 23, 2002
  3. It's much easier to get 1 to 2 points out of stocks that gap up or down in the morning than trading market stocks. Although it's possible to get 1-2 points a day out of the KLACs, MSFTs and EBAYs, it's equally possible to LOSE that many points a day because of their whipsawing moves and ECN games.

#43     Jul 23, 2002
  4. SteveD

SteveD

If 9 out of 10 traders fail why would I want to be in a room of a prop trading firm where 9 traders are losers? It all sounds great if everyone is making money but we know that is not true. How would I feel if I had a bad day and everyone else is screaming up or vice versus?

The room I visited they were watching a car chase live (not kidding) on TV. It was early afternoon but still......!! Did not instill confidence, LOL. But, it convinced me I was not missing anything by trading from home.

Not passing judgement. A lot of people like the group activity and need the assistance. More power to them.

#44     Jul 23, 2002
  5. Cesko

Cesko

Although it's possible to get 1-2 points a day out of the KLACs, MSFTs and EBAYs, it's equally possible to LOSE that many points a day because of their whipsawing moves and ECN games

Does anybody else have difficulty understanding this?
    Does it mean your strategy doesn't produce any losses?

It's much easier to get 1 to 2 points out of stocks that gap up or down in the morning than trading market stocks.

IMO, difficult or easy, it is 100% relative.

#45     Jul 24, 2002
  6. Which part are you having trouble understanding? I'm saying that volatile market stocks move very erratically and it's hard to get good entry points because of the way they whip around. Many traders have a hard time correctly guaging their moves (unless it's a strong trending day). On choppy days, it's almost impossible to make consistent money on them.

#46     Jul 24, 2002
  7. ZTrader

ZTrader

and what prop firm is that?

#47     Jul 25, 2002
  8. um... its not like its optional. Its an SEC requirement. What firm are you with? Are you getting greater than 4:1 leverage?

#48     Jul 25, 2002
  9. Yep, they whip around because the real $$$ is trying to take all the daytraders to the cleaners.

Only way to beat that game is to have a very good opinion about actual trend and lots of discipline.

#49     Jul 25, 2002