The surest way to make 5k a month

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joryan, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Dude you don't need a damm series 7 to Daytrade !!!
    You need a series seven if you want to be a stock broker .
    What were you drinking when you made that post???

#31     Jul 23, 2002
  2. I am serious.Why is it impossible to make 1 or 2 points a day?

#32     Jul 23, 2002
  3. you need a series 7 to trade at a pro firm,which i stated in my post,or a prop firm

#33     Jul 23, 2002
  4. Ok got ya , but you dont need a prop firm to Day Trade ,
    its so much easier to trade from home.:) :)
    As far as getting a series 7 you do need someone to sponser you , you just can go sign up and say let me take the test.

#34     Jul 23, 2002
  5. but then you only get 4 to 1 leverage with a retail firm,instead of much more,and pro firms give you access to bullets,which let you short stocks on downticks,and some even offer the ability to trade from home.

#35     Jul 23, 2002
  6. Pros and cons for Pros and home trading.
    Never traded at a prop but I would think that just having a lot of other traders around you is a benefit for to many reasons to list.
    But you cant beat the commute for home based trading.

#36     Jul 23, 2002
  7. Trading volatile stocks like msft,klac,ebay,qlgc,and qcom give plenty of opportunities throughout the day,so it is possible to take a total of 1-2 points a day out of them.

#37     Jul 23, 2002
  8. I trade those stocks everyday, so I'm perfectly aware of how possible it is to take a couple points from them. Indeed, many people do. My concern was the "tone" of your post - making it sound like all you do is flip on your PC, make a few trades, and whammo! fast cars etc.

Also, 4:1 margin is AMPLE. If you lose money trading 4:1 margin, do you really think that having 10:1 if gonna HELP you?
    As far as trading Naz goes, bullets aren't really necessary, as getting an upBID happens so regularly.

#38     Jul 23, 2002
  9. 10 to 1 margin is great if you are a profitable trader and know what you're doing.Since it is easier to get short on nasdaq,bullets are more needed for nyse stocks.

#39     Jul 23, 2002
  10. You forgot the fast women;them fast women sure is fast.

#40     Jul 23, 2002