The Supreme Court rules Trump can use redirected $2.5B for wall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LS1Z28, Jul 26, 2019.

1. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-disputed-funds-for-border-wall-idUSKCN1UL2S7
    U.S. Supreme Court lets Trump use disputed funds for border wall
    The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday handed President Donald Trump a victory by letting his administration redirect $2.5 billion in money approved by Congress for the Pentagon to help build his promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border even though lawmakers refused to provide funding.

The conservative-majority court on a 5-4 vote with the court’s liberals in dissent blocked in full a ruling by a federal judge in California barring the Republican president from spending the money on the basis that Congress did not specifically authorize the funds to be spent on the wall project fiercely opposed by Democrats and Mexico’s government.

$2.5B is a small fraction of what we need, but at least this will things started. It's been a rough week for the resistance. :D

traderob, elderado and smallfil like this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

that there nice precedent. Hope they enjoy military spending going towards global warming, healthcare, basic income, college tuition, etc...

3. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

I'm not a big fan of it either. The separation of power is there for a reason. I just wish congress wasn't such a dysfunctional cluster. Border security and immigration reform should've been dealt with a long time ago.

Tsing Tao, elderado and piezoe like this.
  4. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

2.5 billion is a small price to pay for democrats being able to do it in the future:)

RedDuke likes this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm honestly not even mad. Defense spending is pissing money away anyway. Probably will get cut from veteran's benefits too rather than defense contracts.

I'm just glad Mexico's check finally cleared and Trump now has enough money for a paint job.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  6. smallfil

smallfil

This is a good start because the extreme liberal Democrats have lawsuits lined up their asses! On the plus side, this is a precedent decision on which, other decisions will be based when they challenge President Donald Trump's executive orders. So let the Democrats and let the US Supreme Court settle it for good!

7. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

I guess the money needs to be spent by the end of September. So I assume construction will start quickly.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

If you think keeping the border secure is higher priority than keeping our nukes secure, you may be a Trumper

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-trump-science/

Inside a Trump-era purge of military scientists at a legendary think tank

They’re members of a prestigious academic panel with top-secret clearances who’ve advised the Pentagon on some of America’s most vexing national security issues since the Cold War. Over 60 years, they’ve won 11 Nobel prizes and conducted hundreds of government studies.

The advisory group, known as Jason, is a team of some 60 of America’s top physicists and scientists who spend each summer in La Jolla, California, conducting studies commissioned by the Pentagon and other U.S. government agencies.

On March 28, Trump appointee Michael Griffin – the Pentagon’s chief technology officer – unexpectedly moved to terminate the group.

Lisa Gordon-Hagerty, the head of the National Nuclear Security Administration, objected, telling Griffin’s office the scientists were crucial for keeping America’s nuclear stockpile secure, according to an NNSA official and others affiliated with the Jason program. Gordon-Hagerty’s agency offered to take responsibility for the program. She only needed Griffin’s signature to make it happen.

Griffin refused.

10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

If true, these "top" scientists are probably un-American, anti-American Deep State folks who aren't helping to protect the country at all.

#10     Aug 1, 2019