The Super Terrific Happy Hour

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Max E., May 19, 2017.

1. As if on queue, Max likes the post as I'm talking about it:

#871     Jul 28, 2017
  2. Max E.

Max E.

I also think we are at the tail end of a bull market, but the last time i was in the tail end of a bull market was 2005-2008 when i first started, but back then valuations were so far out of whack with so much different stuff, and on top of it you had the catalyst to make the market crack. (housing bubble burst)

Right now i just dont see the catalyst, and algos are so good at getting together and matching on price that mismatches only last until the volume matches up again. Back then it used to take them a couple hours to figure it out, so if a stock made a crazy move you could sit and watch it, short the pull back, buy the dip, it was all over the place, now days it makes an insane move, then you notice it, then you either jump on board, or you fade it, then it flatlines cause algos meet each other.

I just honestly dont see the mismatch in prices their used to be, and i dont see what could cause it again.

I agree central banks caused everyone to buy equities instead of bonds, but i dont see governments around the world drastically raising interest rates any time soon, so bottom line we will keep grinding, till we either get a catalyst to go down, or we get a blow off top. Thats just my opinion though.

#872     Jul 28, 2017
    beerntrading likes this.
  3. Max E.

Max E.

I was trying to give you a bj while you typed but for some reason Baron hasnt created an option for that.

#873     Jul 28, 2017
    vanzandt and beerntrading like this.
  4. Max E.

Max E.

I actually may have figured out something that will finally make me a multi millionaire, change the like button to a BJ button, there would be far more significance, liking what someone has to say is pretty trivial, but if your willing to blow a dude because of what he said, its got to be a pretty big deal. :D It would "seperate the wheat from the chaff" Its one thing to say "I like what your saying" but a totally seperate thing to say i will blow you cause of what you just said" I think this is the future of the internet.

Im going in to zuckerberg to pitch this idea tomorrow (Van you should probably sell your shares incase this idea goes through)

#874     Jul 28, 2017
    beerntrading likes this.
  5. We haven't broken up from a long term trend line (i.e. since 1900) on an exponential chart like we did before (in reverse chronology) financial, tech, real estate, oil, or 1929.

So I don't think we've seen the bull really charge in this market yet. This market will look down right conservative when we take off from this trend line (about 2800 by year's end would be the magnitude to do this). This might look irrational now, but it's got nothing on 2018 or 2019.

Remember the Clinton years because that's what congress is looking like. That puts us around Jan 1998 as far as comparing markets. If missile launches, impending impeachment, blinding incompetence, shaken world order (Brexit, China's rise) didn't hit the VIX, imagine what will happen when these things aren't on the table.

#875     Jul 28, 2017
  6. ...I just had to explain why I snorted out a laugh at work. I couldn't come up with anything convincing I might have been laughing at...All I got out was, "I can't...I'll get in trouble".

#876     Jul 28, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  7. Max E.

Max E.

:D

#877     Jul 28, 2017
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

We need to make an opposite one too.
    Call it a "Scaramucci".

#878     Jul 28, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  9. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, i got the dry sense of humor from these videos, pretty sweet on a friday afternoon. :D

"Its one thing to be unhappy with your headset, but its another thing to lose your job" :D

#879     Jul 28, 2017
  10. Max E.

Max E.

#880     Jul 28, 2017