The Super Terrific Happy Hour

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Max E., May 19, 2017.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I really like the thought of shorting TSLA, but that piece of shit defies gravity like nothing ive ever seen, i shorted it a coulple times got to big too early and took a bath, that thing is the biggest scam in history, had to put it on my do not touch list.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    #851     Jul 28, 2017
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Sweet call on FB yesterday!!

Just pure Algo buy all day today!

fb.png

#852     Jul 28, 2017
  3. I keep looking back at this trade because I did it blindly on my phone on the train. I didn't see the volume spike for the position open, but I'm all but certain I would have had the same entry if I had my platform open.

And then the volume spike again when I left (and did have the platform open).

There were certainly better prices, but I don't think I could have done better on this without gambling.

[​IMG]

You can also see my peak call on there too (the next big green volume).

Flattened out on PM now for an insanely profitable run.

MO is an amazing candidate for walking up a diagonal with a Dec long $70 once the volatility drops some--just can't get into the short right now for a reasonable price.

#853     Jul 28, 2017
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Just be careful taking anything long... this North Korea thing is gonna demand action on the part of the White House. Japan is furious.
    Trump won't say anything until after the markets close.

#854     Jul 28, 2017
    beerntrading likes this.
  5. Definitely keeping my VIX spread over the weekend.

It's 11:00 and I haven't even opened up my news websites (FDA notwithstanding ;)). I guess I was a bit preoccupied today.

#855     Jul 28, 2017
  6. Max E.

Max E.

The thing about PM and the reason you almost never see a move like that on a stock like that, is because their earnings are almost automatic. Bottom line their not going to have some big boom that makes smoking great again. They sell "X" amount of smokes every year, and they grow by "X" amount every year, everyone knows the metrics, thats why its a gifts if its ten percent down, cause all the funds and retirement funds are buying it and they all know the metrics, there is nothing that really catches you off guard there.

McDonalds seems sketchier than a tech stock when compared to phillip morris.

#856     Jul 28, 2017
    beerntrading likes this.
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Already said its not for me, but i had my eye on it cause you called it out, nice call man, and sweet fallen knife catch!.

#857     Jul 28, 2017
  8. Have a couple calendar spreads on the SPX looking for a fill on the DPRK news.

And that's why MO is my largest holding by miles (fewer miles today, but sill more than double my next in line). Buy it, DRiP it, forget it.

#858     Jul 28, 2017
  9. Got a fill on the Aug 2 / 4 SPX 2425 puts...looking for the 2490 calls

Edit...filled on the call side. Straight volatility play.

#859     Jul 28, 2017
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Only thing you got to worry about is if these emo pussies with the vape pens become popular.... :D (In other words nothing to worry about)

[​IMG]

#860     Jul 28, 2017