The Super Terrific Happy Hour

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Max E., May 19, 2017.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Scratched off the rest of BYX might buy it agin if .40's hold for a while.

#41     May 22, 2017
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Re-entered a little BYX at .66 just to say i did something just a couple hundred shares, bids seems to be absorbing, nothing i want to size back into uless it gets through 32.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    #42     May 22, 2017
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Well because im a masochist, ill comment on this trade, was looking at PBYI as a short pretty much at the dead highs today, but my thinking was that because it was a good morning, and it was a summer time monday, if that thing ended up going 5-10 bucks against me, it was going to be pretty much impossible to make it up on a monday afternoon during the summer months, so just didnt want to get in the fight, even a hundred shares would have been worth a gnote though maybe if i had it to do all over should have just taken a small position in it, but i didnt expect nearly that much of a pullback.

Other than that ive got 500 shares of BYX at about 31.80, just a small position, i kind of blew it on that one too my initial thought was to resize in at 31.40, if it held,and i added a little bit back, had about 2k shares on it twice, at an average just under 31.5 but then i just scratched it at like 31.53 the second time, cause the tape looked weak, only to end up taking a small position higher up once i knew it was holding trend, just playing it super conservative cause it was a summertime monday. Will be carrying this one overnight, hoping for a push through 33 tomorrow, staying small on it now cause its a swing trade.

CMCM was pretty obvious it was going to pop off the open, took 1500 shares at 12, and sold it all early in the 12.40's, because it looked like it was getting stuffed at 12.50, happy i played it safe on that one.

Overall finished the day up about 1100.

pbyi.png

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    #43     May 22, 2017
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Max... buy the shares of PBYI now and sell the $50 CC's right now for $11!
    You can't lose. Its not going below $41. This is as close to free money as it gets.

#44     May 22, 2017
    beerntrading and Max E. like this.
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Damn man, great call, hope you took that trade, i dont trade options much didnt even look, thats almost unfathomable, hope it sticks around tommorrow morning, i really should have looked at the options, thats a frigging layup if ive ever seen one.

#45     May 22, 2017
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

#46     May 22, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Did you take that trade? Hope you did so atleast 1 of us can say we made money, those calls are going to crater tomorrow morning when people come to their senses, either that or the stock is going to gap up in which case i cant get the long anymore.

If it sticks around tomorrow morning ill be all over it.

#47     May 22, 2017
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

I didn't Max..., I just saw it and thought I'd give you a heads up before the bell.
    Careful jumping in with both feet tomorrow though...it'll be a whole new game. I think its going up though, the biotech analysts had enough time to digest the report before the close today and it didn't completely tank so its probably reflecting the risk +/- here at $52.50.
    Big market for anything that even comes close to putting a small dent in breast cancer. I hope they figured something out.
    Pretty cool stock to watch.

#48     May 22, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  9. Max E.

Max E.

I agree the trade will be gone tommorrow, missed it.

I tried reading that report you sent me, but its just too much to digest, i know some of the best traders i know are very good with Biotech they know how to rip these reports apart, but for me i have a tough time with them, so mostly when its biotech i only buy if its either positive phase 3 results, or else if its positive results on a drug geared towards one of the big diseases, I.E. Alzhemiers, Parkinsons, Cancer, Heart disease, diabetes etc...... but thats about as complicated as i get on biotechs.

Anyways, thx for the heads up dude it was a great call, wish i had seen your post a couple minutes earlier cause thats about as close to a lock as you will ever see, an 11 dollar stopout when its 18 bucks off the highs with 4 days to expiration.

#49     May 22, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. Max E.

Max E.

If you are long and you arent selling Bitcoin here, you are about to get punished for greed, just noticed the chart on my twitter feed but this is a classic blowoff top, and CNBC just did a segment on it today too.

There is no way to short Bitcoin that i know of, so dead shorts wont keep feeding the rally on forced liquidation. If you can get out here, id do everything you can, you will be able to buy it back cheaper within a month i guarantee it.

I have stayed far away from these for liquidity issues, i know a couple guys who crushed it on them and i passed on it, so admittedly i missed the boat, but this is it, this is peak insanity, Bitcoin will be back under 1500, in a week, if not under 1000 within a couple months, this is one of the most obvious parabolic tops in history, especially with CNBC pimping it today, if there was an easy way to short it id be piling in right now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    #50     May 22, 2017