The Super Terrific Happy Hour

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Max E., May 19, 2017.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Damn, every time i have a bad day im a sucker for self flagellation, i try to analyze the crime scene and how i went wrong, but this was fucking retarded, i called this move on PLCE 2 hours before the market opened, this would have been such an easy short, i dont know how i lost track of this in my charts. I only noticed it now.

For some reason decided to fight AMD like a bastard all morning and missed just a smooth ride on PLCE. Oh well, it happens just trying to show what im thinking at the end of the day, so on monday im going to be alot more patient and wait for the charts to come to me instead of being so aggressive.

PLCE.png

#31     May 19, 2017
  2. vanv0029

vanv0029

AMD has a strange pattern. Namely, every time it tanks from disapointment
    (negative press stories and INTC fan-people analyst downgrades),
    it takes 4 or 5 days before it starts slowly rising - never the next day.
    Three recent examples, are GS down grade, earnings report, analyst day.
    I have no idea why this has been happening.

#32     May 19, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Ive made alot of money buying AMD, but it seems like everytime i chase it, it burns me, best to wait for bottoms on it i guess, as opposed to building in trying to chase a trend, cause it has a tendency to reverse.

I had a couple homeruns on it back in february? when it bottomed twice around 13.50, but it seems like every time ive chased a breakout it just punishes me.

It was my own stupidity today though i saw that massive green bar from a couple days ago and was confident the same thing would happen, didnt let the stock confirm it before i loaded up.

#33     May 19, 2017
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Long some CMCM from 12 bucksw looking to add down to 11.50 stop below that.

#34     May 22, 2017
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Long some BX 31.61

#35     May 22, 2017
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Sold CMCM 12.40 and some BX 31.80, have a few BX left but all out of CMCM

#36     May 22, 2017
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Good start to today up about 900, probably going to be pretty slow now rest of the day dont feel like getting in any battles on a omonday.

#37     May 22, 2017
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Sorry was selling 31.65 on BX, had averaged into it pretty good, down to just a small position which i will now either carry back to my breakeven at .49, or else hold as a swing looks like a pretty text book break out if it wants to go

#38     May 22, 2017
  9. Max E.

Max E.

Going to be sitting on my hands now rest of the day, might scale back into BX but im going to have so see it hold the line at 31.40 a couple times first, stocks dont tend to break out as well on mondays in the summer so you got to just nail and bail off the open. I was a little too cowardly on my exits on BX but i had gotten pretty big in the .40's and the tape just looked weak thought it was going to roll over, got exactly what i wanted out of CMCM though just easy pain free trade.

Other than that im just looking for easy setups now.

bx.png
    cmcm.png

#39     May 22, 2017
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Pretty ridiculous move on PBYI but not the kind of thing i feel like getting into a big fight with today, unless i see a massive capitulation bar.

#40     May 22, 2017