The Super Terrific Happy Hour

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Max E., May 19, 2017.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Ive been trading for a long time, been through the highest highs, and the lowest lows, but have always been able to make a really good living when i need too. Biggest problem im having right now is that its just too easy to walk into work a couple days a week make a few k a month and just keep getting by, ive just lost ambition.

When i started trading our firm posted the top 5 traders out of 2000+, every day, and i used to fight incredibly hard to be in that top 5 every single day,id make it atleast 1 or 2 out of 5 every single week.

Then got burned by a broker once who stole all my money, had multiple systems blow up in my face, it just takes a toll on you. These days i just dont give a shit, theres no competition, nothing, im just drifting, the difference in the PNL numbers is embarassing,

I really want to get back to where i was when i started trading where i was dedicated to trading every single day, and grinding for every dollar, dedicated to "winning" like Charlie Sheen, so im thinking if i start a journal i might feel more committed. :D

My trading is pretty scattered in terms of what i look for, but id have to say if im looking for anything its gap ups/parabolics when it comes to stocks, and my entries are mostly based on support/resistance, then Volume/VWAP, but bottom line is Price action "Trumps" all.

Anyways, if you want to join the "super terrific happy hour" and stare at me while i spin an umbrella please feel free, hopefully we can lose a fortune together.

First tip: Buy Enron. :D

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Nissan Joshi and vanzandt like this.
  2. Max E.

Max E.

So lets start scanning right away in the morning, something that catches my eye is PLCE, that thing gapped up yesterday on earnings and got crushed while the market was rocking up, my thoughts yesterday was any move through 110 its going to 105, there will probably be upgrades this morning with banks looking to defend it, so look to short in too that cause there is just no way anyone is buying that piece of shit the highs after that bar yesterday, especially with how much it diverged from the sandp, i think that was the only stock in the market that closed on its lows yesterday.

Nissan Joshi likes this.
  3. Max E.

Max E.

ASNA, i dont usually like trading gap downs but the volume bar is massive, there was big time rotation yesterday, i will pay attention too it if it looks like it is holding over 2, i could easily see a push to 2.50 and it will be easy to take size.

Nissan Joshi likes this.
  4. Max E.

Max E.

GLYC it seems insane, but i know tons of people were shorting that thing from 9 if it gaps up i might think about buying it because its probably going to turn into a squeeze towards 15, normally i would never take this kind of trade but it seems like such an obvious trap. Dont short a Gap up on this under any scenario, you might win, but you are just asking for trouble.

Nissan Joshi likes this.
  5. Max E.

Max E.

BEDU biggest whiff in history cant believe i didnt buy the breakout yesterday probably goes up another couple bucks.

Nissan Joshi likes this.
  6. Max E.

Max E.

I know i probably shouldnt have to say this but DO NOT BUY/SHORT these symbols im just openly going through my process, i will short list this too 5-6 stocks then eventually just pick 1-2

Nissan Joshi likes this.
  7. Max E.

Max E.

NVDA/AMD both bouncing, I really like the look of AMD, buying AMD gap up might be one of my top plays today but i got to wait till closer till the open.

Nissan Joshi likes this.
  8. just21

just21

If you are bored of the stock market learn crypto currencies. Bitcoin has already been one of the largest asset bubbles of all time and it is not over yet.

Nissan Joshi likes this.
  9. Max E.

Max E.

Just took a couple thousand AMD long from 11.48 i guess with commissions thats my top play i will look to build into that over 11.50 or sell it if it cracks down

Nissan Joshi likes this.
  10. Max E.

Max E.

normally i would keep scanning but im pretty focused on AMD now, bought a couple more k at .45

#10     May 19, 2017
    Nissan Joshi likes this.