The Subconscious mind...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Steve Tvardek, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what makes this better and actually work, let's say vs a "Tony Robbins"??

I would love to try it out, but these all seem like the only person benefiting is the one marketing the tapes like in all these infomercials.

#21     Jul 12, 2005
  2. Tony Robbins's stuff is different and I don't think it even addresses you demons. It is more about motivation and affirmations. The Sedona Method is deeper. You can always return the tapes for a refund within 30 days if I am not mistaken and there are books for this too. The main book, 'The Sedona Method' is kinda tough to read, I had to struggle a lot with it, but you can make progress eventually.

Well, anyway your mileage will vary and it is not a good idea to compare your progress to anyone else's and to expect enlightement in 3 months, although the guy who invented the method apparently went free in 3 months only.

My friend says that he does have glimpses of enlightement now and then, so it must really work. But it takes time to get really good with this. Of course, that applies to almost anything else.

#22     Jul 12, 2005
  3. thanks

#23     Jul 12, 2005
  4. Some of my most obvious gains so far with this method:
    1. greater calmness
    2. greater confidence
    3. I feel more relaxed and can relax much more easily
    4. I have a better understanding and recognition of my feelings
    5. I procrastinate less
    6. I am less of a perfectionist (not that it was a major problem for me)
    7. I am more adventerous

These are all good qualities for a trader.

My friend also says that it made him more generous. Well, I have known him for about 2 and half year only and can confirm that he indeed has been very generous to me, but I also met a good buddy of his who has known my friend for almost 25 years and he claims that my friend has always been very generous, so I decided to have no opinion about it.

#24     Jul 12, 2005
  5. reg

reg

Steve,

You had mentioned that you are being mentored or at least trade in an office with a number of highly successful traders. Is this advantage any help at all to your current problem of being unable to break out psychologically?
    Anyway,good luck and hope you find the solution soon.

#25     Jul 12, 2005
  6. Well, to a certain extent it helps because I have traders I can talk to about issues and whatnot, but in reality, when i am trading, i am trading alone and therefore I am the only one who can take my game to another level. I guess its nice to have guys to chat with but I am realizing more and more that only I can make the necessary changes.
    I am really searching for a way to conquer this mental block, I have never encountered anything so tough to this point in my life. I guess when you want something so badly, you'll either evetually get it or go crazy trying :D

#26     Jul 12, 2005
  7. You encountered resistance that you need to release. The Sedona Method deals just with things like that...

Well, anyway, just my 2 cents...

#27     Jul 12, 2005
  8. I will most definitely read up on this method and see if this is something that makes sense for me. Its nice to hear of others, such as your friend, who has had success getting though their problems. I will "google" it tonight!

#28     Jul 12, 2005
  9. Your post says a lot. The two main points are:

1. Your current trap

2. You understanding of things.

To get an understanding that will be very powerful for you, start on page 43 of "The wizard Within" by A. M. Krasner, PhD.

Nailing down these concepts of the mechanics of the process you need to go through sets the scene to conquer the trap you occupy. You are in it for a reason and you know what the reason is quite well and the reason is correct.

By plying yourself daily with thoughtful, rational intellectual considerations, you will be able to "wake up and see" what to do.

In other words, your abiding________, will be resolved by allowing your subconcious to "operate" nightly on organizing your new upcoming sequence of daily thoughts to rebalance what is really out of whack right now. right now you are reinforcing being out of whack and "proving" that you belong in the trap.

All of your upcoming rational thinking and considering will gradually get organized and displace the subconscious framework that you have up to now put in place and are pouring concrete around.

This stops the pouring of concrete and replaces the source of concrete with "thinking consciously and rationally during the day (after you have read the reference). At night a reorganization and displacement gradually occurs. When you awaken you have a new perspective that will "hit" you or "cross your mind" as you, again begin to think rationally about things. Repetition of this is not just a linear effort; it is an exponential reinforcement that take you out of the realm you are in (because you are finished with it) and into another plateau of considerations.

Some of the plateaux ahead deal with concerns of moving the decimal point up to 4 times. then you need to consider how much of the cummulative market you can trade without affecting it (it is important to not affect the market for money making reasons).

I know this post is a little too specific and just sovles ant kind of trader's problem in a few weeks. This is just a personal clinical hypnotherapy solution. the biochemical difficulty that is pervasive with you can be nailed by doing an exhaustive daily sports schedule concurrently. Go for 10,000 units of vitamin C daily too.

#29     Jul 12, 2005
  10. ozzy

ozzy

If anyone needs a hypnotist its me. I made one mistake today which cost me approxiametly 40% of my net (simulated) profits. Yes I'm no longer trading live. Anyways it is the exact same mistake that I make over and over (it has cost me tens of thousands of dollars in the past.)

Another point I would like to make is that if you really want to increase earning potential you should switch to futures its the way to go.

P.S started using Ninja today izzzz pretty damn sweeet.

ozzy

edit: any one know why the quality of the picture so bad.

#30     Jul 12, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.