The Subconscious mind...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Steve Tvardek, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzy

ozzy

I have to agree I think all that stuff is bullshit.

:D

P.S Steve if you consistenly profitable then shit yo, BIGGIE SIZE IT !!

#11     Jul 12, 2005
  2. Let me give you an example outside of trading. George Gershwin went to Maurice Ravel to seek lessons on composition to improve his music sales. Ravel asked Gershwin, "How much money are you making now?" When Gershwin told him, Ravel said "I should be taking lessons from YOU!"

#12     Jul 12, 2005
  3. I was in hypnosis for 2 years with a psychiatrist/hypnotherapist to cure a drinking problem and it worked great.

Twice a week, I was regularly in touch with my subconscious mind.
    The subconscious mind hardly ever get things right. It can't see and it can't reason. It can only hear and it can really affect the way you react in every day life. Furthermore, many of its opinions are formed when you are a child.

Mine was in very bad shape because of things that happened to me when I was a very young.

IMHO I think everyone should get in touch with their subconscious to see what is going on there. If you can be hypnotized, it can be the most amazing experience that you ever had. But be forewarned that you might not be the person that you think you are.

#13     Jul 12, 2005
  4. I was in hypnosis for 2 years with a psychiatrist/hypnotherapist to cure a drinking problem and it worked great.

Twice a week, I was regularly in touch with my subconscious mind.
    The subconscious mind hardly ever get things right. It can't see and it can't reason. It can only hear and it can really affect the way you react in every day life. Furthermore, many of its opinions are formed when you are a child.

Mine was in very bad shape because of things that happened to me when I was a very young.

IMHO I think everyone should get in touch with their subconscious to see what is going on there. If you can be hypnotized, it can be the most amazing experience that you ever had. But be forewarned that you might not be the person that you think you are.

#14     Jul 12, 2005
  5. Hoodooman,
    Did you go to someone who specializes in helping to cure substance abuse? I am trying to figure out whether to search out a professional who specializes in traders or just any old hypnotherapist. I am to the point now where I am not ashamed to admit that I'd like to give this a try because I have racked my brain day in and day out trying to figure out how to break this mental barrier. If reaching the subconscious mind through hypnosis helped you as you said, then I cant see why it shouldnt help with getting past trading shortcomings.

#15     Jul 12, 2005
  6. Steve,

Not preempting the reply but I suspect that a hypnotist who understands trading would be quicket to come to grips with the issues. They might also be more expensive.

Ruth Roosevelt is a NY based trading coach and uses hypnosis as one of her tools. If you decide to use her I am sure that folk would be interested in your experiences:

http://www.ruthroosevelt.com/contact.htm

The claim sounds pretty good:

With this coaching you will learn to:

Pull the trigger without hesitation and get in early on big moves

Maintain discipline even after a winning or losing streak.

Cut your losses automatically and keep them small. ·

Hang onto your winners to glean large profits.

Stick with your game plan for steady profits.

Turn fear into caution and greed into healthy desire.

Feel good about yourself whether you win or lose.

Make the market your partner in success.

Want what the market wants.

Know your rules and stick by them.

Know yourself, accept yourself, and become a better trader.

Trade in the zone each day, and watch your profits grow.

#16     Jul 12, 2005
  7. Steve

This psychiatrist treated all sorts of problems. I found out about him through a woman who had lost a lot of weight through hypnosis. I did too, by the way.

He practiced in Richmond Virginia and is retired now. I called him once a few years ago and asked him if he could recommend someone that could help me get back into therapy. He could not.
    Since then I have looked for some one on the internet but could never find anyone that was qualified. I would never allow anyone who is not a physiatrist to hypnotize me.

If you can find someone qualified and you can be hypnotized then it works like this. You tell them what you think your problem is and they help you solve it and it may be that the underlying causes are not what you think they are.

Be very aware of frauds. If you are not sure what you are getting into then I can help you. If they try to treat you face to face and don't have the correct laboratory set up then I would suspect that they are a fraud. The therapist should prove to you that you are in a real hypnotic state. This is a fantastic experience. Dream therapy is also part of the treatment.

#17     Jul 12, 2005

8. Steve, you are doing good in the 200-600 dollar range, maybe because you feel comfortable there. You need to feel comfortable at higher ranges first. Sometimes all it takes is how you think about it.

I got my son through a skateboarding hurdle that way. He would not go on the big vert ramp, he thought it was too high. I had him visualize it a bunch of times, and he then went and did it. Pretty simple exercise.

For financial targets its the same thing. For instance I pay $2,000 a month for my mortgage, but the other day I went to this house that was for sale. It was magnificent. Then I saw the monthly mortgage payment was $7,875. My first reaction was I almost choked! Almost 8 grand a month for the mortgage payment. Anyway, my subconscious is currently programmed that that amount for a mortgage is out of my league at this time. So since it is currently outside of my comfort zone, I won't achieve it yet. You gotta get your comfort zone to expand little by little.

Its pretty simple. Many people do it without thinking about it. If you think about it you can do it faster. Sure some will say thats all mumbo-jumbo bullshit, but its really a pretty simple thing that works.

#18     Jul 12, 2005
  9. I think you are very correct. I am too comfortable in my current situation because I know I can make some ok money. The problem is, I feel like I am short-changing myself because I see way more than I take advantage of. Its funny because I truly believe that if I were to let myself out of this zone I would be able to break out. Dont really know what is holding me back. I am sure it will come but I am getting a little impatient. I've been stuck here for 6 months now. Thank for the advice though jaronimo.

#19     Jul 12, 2005
  10. You may want to check out the Sedona Method. That's what a friend of mine did some two years ago. Funny, ever since he made no post on this board. He now finds it very negative and simply avoids it. He was a successful trader before he started using the Method, but became even more afterwards. I was playing with this stuff recently on vacation and must say that I find it pretty powerful.

Just my 2 cents...

#20     Jul 12, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.