The Subconscious mind...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Steve Tvardek, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I reread all your posts and I see there are several things on the table. To handle what you are looking at and inquiring about is not easy to wrap into a single commentary.

Here are some comments that focus on the psychology and subconscious aspects of things.

Basically I feel that aperson has a deep responsibility to think through and resolve what he needs to sense to be able to trade effectively.

A way to come to understand that everything needed may not be in view is to review and debrief on situations that happen where you are caught unawares.

Asking the standard question , "Was I caught unawares?" as part of the standard debriefing list is a place to begin.

Naturally when you get a yes, you need to delve into the solution. There is another part of the "yes" answer. It is the feelings you get when you consider the particular "getting caught characteristics". This brings your debriefing focus to fewr matters and, in particular, the causes of these feelings as you debrief?

Thinkng about "Did I leave the barn door open again?" is a common debriefing feeling. My llamas run fast than deer or antelope......it is a pain to have the problem. I have a two gate system at this point.

If you can mimimize getting caught unawares, then you know you have a monitoring display that is adequate. I use a three teired sweep system where regular sweeping is THE CONSTANT PROCESS that I repeat. My approach strategically drives me to the place to obsreve for two things; The next step of he known sequence and "what wasn't that?".

It is like looking at a black and white template of market action. I sweep to "see" and this minimizes getting caught unawares. The white part of the template (the expected sequence) can be in view quite easily but the white can have parts missing as well (The what wasn't that") and there is the fact that the black part can have unusual white spots (indicators of "change") that show market transitions coming into the picture to change it. so there is only a small chance of being caught unawares.

The mind is where the total set of possible market condition pictures resides. They are brought up and put into focus serially until another is called for.

As in an art musuem, pieces on display are "swept" and understood. A person spoke to me who was following me through a Monet exhibition. He said "you know exactly how he paints each piece don't you"... I explained. He said gee whiz. A left handed person painting backhand can really deal with reeds in a water scene.

So you look almost excliusively at price and have displayed a "collection" of trading subjects.

There is a large set of "I get caught unawares" debriefings available to work through. Lets say 50. were you to do them on 11 by 17 sheets of paper as a universe and venn subsets of factors in about 10 colors, you could arrange the set of debriefings into a left to right and up and down continuum on a floor and see how they interrelate. In the middle of the floor will be the biggest common missing monitoring ingrediant.

We both know that it is the second market variable which you presently exclude.

The other thing you will notice is that there are independant clusters of "caughts", this relates to your "collection" of criteria approach instead of having a common tight set of criteria. that is why I stated that my universe (tight tight) also has to perorm to a minumum standard (do five scenarios of successful profit taking cycles in 6 months of time). doing it 5 times before I trade it yet once again the same way makes for zero getting caught unawares. You synthesized a collection of criteria from past successes and use them as building blocks. I use SA (systems analysis to find the least sophisticated way to be guaranteed as way to take money out of markets. This method's tranference to others usually achieves at least 100% profits per year eve if the person cannot trade commodities successfully.

By going day after day as you do and by having a keen self awareness, you get to know that you have some habits that, in turn genrate a spectrum og anieties that you are not making progress handling when your subconscious goes to work when you sleep.

You are doing "loops" at this point and you need a new pertibation to shake things up a little.

This one quadruples you earnings curve slope. you must consider adding the other variable of the market to your trading monitoring. Fortunately, this addition and its relationship to price, nails alot of the stuff of getting caught unawares.

Recently several people on another matter got to hve the experience of aniety and stress levels rapidly diminish to a very low level as a direct consequence of doing a contining monitoring drill. You will not have that experience at first. BUT you will in about two weeks. Adding data is not an experience that is anxiety ridding. It does ultimately but at first there is the learning. Your form of learning through experience of success will not be happening right off. you have to move for the first time in your life to an asymmetric reasoning situation that most traders never even get to experience. Most traders deal mistakenly in opposites. (Refer to the chicken shit poster and the soul searching chipper bullshit). Trading signals work in orthagonal pairings rather than in opposites. This is why the P, V relation is not understood by these birds and chippers and anomolists and edgers. As in field theory orthagonal fields are never opposite in energy content nor rate of transference. getting mentally to a neutral bias only occurs when a person comes to understand the trivalent nature of the market. The inherent odds of 1 in 3 is unfamial turf to most.

The net effect of going from one market variable to two, puts you in the place were you can see what is indepenant and what is dependant as well. This allows you to see the tading cycle as divided into four parts (the total number of combinations of two variable in terms of their first derivatives). To move beyond just quadrants of a cycle, you add yet anothr market variable as a vernier to optain the 8 parts of the cycle.(the combination posibility of three variables taken threeat a time).

Lastly, you get to see the boundaries of parts of the cycle and to see that crossing each bound is a function of change in variables. A one variable change out of three only affects the profit making velocity by acting as a booster a two variable change is more dramatic and marks the end of acceleration and going to deceleration of money making velocity. Obviously the tripple simultaneous change precipitates the begging of a new half cycle of profit making trading and simultaneously the end of the prior half cycle of profit making trading.

A turkey in another thread mentioned KISS lately as how he wanted input from someone else so he could make money. In the same thread two assholes also comment on why how I coach in chat rooms doesn't work. The fact is however, spoon feeding and parroting is not an answer for the mind to be able to function.

Above I have written how the market works wih periodicity. I have just noted that using the three variables of the market in the order of theire respective influence changes the money velocitiy of making money. The statement in its entirety, mathematically speaking exhibits perfect, and nothing less, symmetry.

The mind is capable of building a six lane highway around this concept founded upon the P, V relationship.

You have an opportunity to add to your monitoring the volume variable. Then you get to see the P, V relationship. then you can delve more deeply into the periodic sequences that underpin the markets.

Footnote:

50 years ago I observed how the market works and subsequently continued to build a paradigm for making money. I added a lot of pictures that utilize methematics to explain in plain words what is going on. As time passed many modern inventions came into being to support this. I adopted them to the paradigm. Most of this was to be able to transfer to others what I know to be true and workable.

Since I lecture in he field of psychiatry on learning, I have spent a lot of time collecting analyzing and presenting data and information on learning and transference.

There are some real assholes in ET and I am growing less and less tolerant of their bullshit when it could be possible in this and any other forum to do some thinking about things once in a while. These assholes never ever make any contribution at all. I have been thrown out of here based upon complaints of these assholes in the past. Fuck it!!! From now on I am going to bury these assholes with their own words as a personal contribution to ridding this place of the constant bullshit they fill this place with. I may make this paragraph my signature on here. Don't edit this out or I will not post again in this forum.. I have rights too.

#121     Jul 27, 2005
  2. Grob

" Fuck it!!! From now on I am going to bury these assholes with their own words as a personal contribution to ridding this place of the constant bullshit they fill this place with. I may make this paragraph my signature on here. Don't edit this out or I will not post again in this forum.."

Do you really think this is a mature way of contributing to the room?

Chip

#122     Jul 27, 2005
  3. yes..... I'll also take the trouble to explain why in each instance.

What is particularly mature about it is that Thier bullshit can be compared to the substnative alternatives that are out there. There is never one solution to any particualr opportunity to learn or problem to correct By pointing out the realm of alternatives to the bullshit from these people it may even give them something to think about.

My view of my intentions and my statement of them I feel is a right that I have inherently and I take except to the way some people trat each other. It is a good idea that once in a while someone floats a few thoughts on the crap that goes on here.

My views are not anything particularly special, but I am making an effort to express what I have worked to get understood and make use of personally.

There are some real assholes in ET and there are some who only post bullshit. My approach from this point on will be forceful and I will make my points in a manner that I choose.

Talk is cheap and the less bullshit there is the better.

#123     Jul 27, 2005
  4. "Talk is cheap and the less bullshit there is the better."

I agree. I much prefer verifiable posted trades with commentary myself. There is nothing quite like REAL trades and the rationale and emotion behind them for educational purposes.

#124     Jul 27, 2005
  5. has "Grob the Great" ever posted a SINGLE trade or trading call of any sort whatsoever on ET.com OR does he merely criticize, critique and analyze all others, and their trading skills and character, from reading just a single post or two ??!!

Ice
    :cool:

#125     Jul 27, 2005
  6. this is getting out of hand...

#126     Jul 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.